Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    Man up I guess? Or better yet be smart and take easy subjects.
    Well i want to do medicine so i have to take the subjects i want to do, i mean i know if i have soemone explain something to me i will understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_d_e)
    You think its hard and you're struggling for 90% of the time but then at the final 10% when you actually put in the effort, everything isn't actually that bad.
    When it first starts out, teachers begin with the easy stuff and you think to yourself "why were the year above complaining," as you get 100% in your first mock assessment for the unit.
    Then up until December things gradually get harder but you remember that 100% that you achieved at the beginning of the term and think there is no point revising.
    January time comes and you have pre-public exams (mocks idk what you wanna call em) and then everything crashes and burns from there after but your habits from Sept-Dec are still there so it isn't till study leave that you ACTUALLY start revising by then it's too late but things are so much clearer.

Just keep revising from the outset and I don't mean read over your notes every night, make all your revision notes ASAP
    As soon as the unit is learnt, make the revision notes - my mistake was making the revision notes day before exams and not having enough time to go through them thoroughly

I take Maths Bio Spanish and Chem
    Thank you for your advice, for bio an chem how did you revise for those subjects and what do you think is a great study method that suits these subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia76)
    Thank you for your advice, for bio an chem how did you revise for those subjects and what do you think is a great study method that suits these subjects?
    Once you have got the unit down, start off with an A3 sheet and try to fit as much as possible onto it use colour and images to really help cement ideas.
    Then get flash cards or something smaller and have eg for biology Mitochondria on one side then its function and etc on the other size but make sure it is concise so you're not reading the information but just using it as prompts for the knowledge you already have. If you realise you don't know much about whats on the flashcards go back to the A3 sheet and read over.

PHYSICSANDMATHSTUTOR.COM WAS/IS MY GUARDIAN ANGEL
    The website has questions by topic i know for sure in regards to biology
    Not too sure for chemistry (if you need that for Chemistry Edexcel I can email you the AS questions by topic we were given from school)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.