The Student Room Group

Truth is there's no such thing as love

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
People just find someone and think 'yep that's fine, I'll settle for you then'

:o:o:redface:

Loool.

I believe in love after marriage because one may feel more attached. But idk. Love exists don't worry. :h:
Reply 21
Original post by Samii123
I thought love was the moment of joy you get when you hear the beep from the microwave.

:toofunny:
Wrong

Shrek is love
That's exactly how I feel.
That love we hear about in music, see in films, and read in literature is false.

Has anyone remotely resembled those feelings of love? Because to me it does just seem a case of "it'll do".
Reply 24
Original post by abc:)
I'm optimistic all the time and disappointed some of the time, so...

Been optimistic three times; disappointed on all those occasions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't catch feelings. :tongue:
People just find someone and think 'yep that's fine, I'll settle for you then'

:o:o:redface:

Chemistry begs to differ
Pretty much. Unfortunately, Hollywood and TV in general has lied and skewed our vision of love. Its messed up the heads of most people for generations. Much like love, marriage is really a partnership between 2 people. A business deal if you will. The marriages that last the longest lack what people may refer to as "love".

This view of relationships between 2 people has been around for ever. Royal marriages were often this, marriages between people of property too, arranged marriages the world over.

But, there's the small problem of what the French call the ' coup de foudre' the lightning bolt. The best laid plans in history have been ruined in this way.

Think Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII , or Edward IV and Elizabeth Woodville, Nelson and Mrs Hamilton etc.Marriages of convenience only work while there is no emotional threat from one side who has the wish / ability to act on it. So the marriage will still 'work ' if it can't be cancelled but at what cost. No marriage is worth the name if one party is in love with someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending