Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, do you find it a turn off if a girl is skinny fat/a bit curvy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    what the heck does that even mean

ReputationRep:
    What on earth is "skinny fat"?

Nobody likes a skeleton, neither does one like a whale. Everything in moderation, it's always just a balance.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you rather date a girl who was skinny?
    Why would that matter ?? I think men shouldn't just date a girl based on their appearance. I personally look for a good personality in a guy. Appearance comes later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)

Nobody likes a skeleton, neither does one like a whale. Everything in moderation, it's always just a balance.*
    Skinny fat is when you see people and they appear to have great bodies but really have low muscle mass and high internal fat levels.

The OP doesn't know what they are talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm skinny but I have curves.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly dont mind!
    Personality is everything!

ReputationRep:
    Lean and curvy is good for me whatever that means 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like both. Skinny girls have such cute lil butts which stick out from their figure... but then the curves and big booty of a larger girl is lovely too! Most behinds are pretty good tbh XD. So whatever this "skinny fat" thing is I'm sure there are plenty of people who will appreciate your butt!

... Okay I'm talking about butt appreciation, time to go to sleep. >=>

Would you rather date a girl who was skinny?
    No, because everyone has their own starting point.

If she's willing to work and improve on herself I.e working out = improves physical health in the long run then I'd personally find that a turn on as its something we'd have in common.

There's a big difference between skinny fat and 'curvy'
    I know there's a difference; I'm kind of both I think though. I'm a size 8/size 10, I'm a bit skinny fat (i.e. I look okay in clothes but don't have much muscle tone) and I also have quite a curvy, hourglass shaped figure.

ReputationRep:
    Whhhhhyyy do people continue to post threads like these? Obviously every damn guy is going to have a different opinion - so be you and somebody will be attracted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Davalla)
    Legit never heard of the term "skinny fat" before.

TSR teaches me so much.
    Skinny fat means someone who is a healthy weight and quite slim looking but has a disproportionate amount of body fat and a low muscle mass.

I first heard it on TSR too haha!

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I don't know what skinny fat means. Being "a bit curvy" is a positive really
    Skinny fat means someone who is a healthy weight and quite slim looking but has a disproportionate amount of body fat and a low muscle mass.

(Original post by WBZ144)
    You can be curvy without being skinny-fat; it's all about proportions.

For an example: if the fat is going to the stomach, thighs or arms, that's not curves. Being curvy is about having a small waist with wider hips than is usual for a particular.

It depends on the guy; for every body shape you can find guys who love it.
    The thing is, I would say that I'm both. I'm skinny fat because I look slightly chubby and don't have much muscle and I'm also curvy because I have an hourglass shaped figure with a small waist and a proportionally bigger bust and hips. I'm a size 8-10 and I'm 5"2.

(Original post by sleepysnooze)
    how about 'just don't be fat'? seems to work for most girls.
    I hope I'm not fat. I'm usually a size 8, sometimes a size 10 (UK sizes) and I'm 5"2. Does that sound too chubby?

(Original post by Moonstruck16)
    I think the OP and a lot of the rest of you really need to read up on what 'skinny fat' means...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do know what skinny fat means. See my replies to other people.

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    what the heck does that even mean
    See my previous replies.

(Original post by XMaramena)

See my replies to other people about what skinny fat means.

Well, hopefully I'm not a skeleton or a whale.

(Original post by *Alisha*)
    Why would that matter ?? I think men shouldn't just date a girl based on their appearance. I personally look for a good personality in a guy. Appearance comes later.
    I would be more interested in personality as well but from what I've seen guys seem to be more interested in looks.

(Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Skinny fat is when you see people and they appear to have great bodies but really have low muscle mass and high internal fat levels.

The OP doesn't know what they are talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do know what I'm talking about and there is no need to be quite so rude.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.