The Student Room Group

IP ADDRESS HACK, answers needed ASAP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You have absolutely nothing to worry about. First of all they would need a warrant for both Facebook and your ISP to figure out the property in which the account was created/accessed by. Even then, if you were to share a computer they would then need to prove who was using it. The courts would not give a warrant out for something so insignificant. It sounds like an argument/dispute between a group of people in which someone is using an fake Facebook account to wind people up. You have been lied too by these girls and if they have contacted the police, which I highly doubt then I would simply ignore it. If you are to come into a physical confrontation with her do not use violence if it is possible to avoid it. If not, make sure not to hit first as you will be liable to charges. If she is too swing at you, then you can use Reasonable force to defend yourself, no more or no less. You must play this out strategically if you think this is a real threat/issue. If she has actually contacted the police, which I presume you have no sure way of knowing, then I would then contact them myself, inform them you've been subjected to racial abuse/harassment and been told lies, of which they've said that the police are coming for you. Either way you've called their bluff and they will now be the ones expecting the police as they do not take racial abuse lightly.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think you can even 'hack' an IP address, only trace it

Regardless, the chances of some whiney girls having the technical expertise to bypass Facebook's security is nil.
If they mean the police have traced your IP, they're still lying because the police simply do not care enough about schoolchildren's arguments to get that all done within 24 hours.

Not even anything illegal about making a second account, providing you don't impersonate someone without their permission.
Original post by Marshall Taylor
If you're that worried, IP changers can change your IP - people used to do it on games when they were IP banned. However, please note that it is mostly illegal to keep it - but masking it is fine.

Changing your IP isn't illegal at all.
Reply 23
Is this some sort of joke?
Original post by iHammmy
Is this some sort of joke?

If it was a joke do you honestly think I'd ask?
Reply 25
Original post by Courts_Rara
If it was a joke do you honestly think I'd ask?

First of all, yes, they can get your IP address. But does this mean anything? NO.

Secondly, do you REALLY think this is a problem the police will deal with? NO.

And thirdly, do you REALLY think you need to waste police & emergency services time by calling 101? NO.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending