Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    It was good. When I saw the flashes of 'Tyler' near the beginning, I thought there was something wrong with my copy of the film, lol. There were parts in the film that creeped me out, like when the film flickers as Brad Pitt talks into the camera. The twists were unexpected but were inserted well, even though there are a few 'errors', as I may call them, that I don't fully understand. Like before the car accident, if 'the narrator' was sitting in the passenger seat, who was driving? At first, I told myself it was one of those modern cars that could turn by themselves...but I threw away that idea soon after :p:.

It's a really good film, well-deserving of its acclaim and I don't think it's overrated. I wouldn't mind watching it again, but it would be better watching with someone else. Watching it alone does kinda creep you out and get you paranoid...:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashioni)
    Like before the car accident, if 'the narrator' was sitting in the passenger seat, who was driving? At first, I told myself it was one of those modern cars that could turn by themselves...but I threw away that idea soon after :p:.
    Ah! But did you notice that after the accident, Ed Norton crawls out from the driver's door?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashioni)
    It was good. When I saw the flashes of 'Tyler' near the beginning, I thought there was something wrong with my copy of the film, lol. There were parts in the film that creeped me out, like when the film flickers as Brad Pitt talks into the camera. The twists were unexpected but were inserted well, even though there are a few 'errors', as I may call them, that I don't fully understand. Like before the car accident, if 'the narrator' was sitting in the passenger seat, who was driving? At first, I told myself it was one of those modern cars that could turn by themselves...but I threw away that idea soon after :p:.

It's a really good film, well-deserving of its acclaim and I don't think it's overrated. I wouldn't mind watching it again, but it would be better watching with someone else. Watching it alone does kinda creep you out and get you paranoid...:indiff:
    Exactly my views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk Bakner)
    Ah! But did you notice that after the accident, Ed Norton crawls out from the driver's door?
    Oh yeah! All I can say is 'interesting'...

(Original post by vector)
    Exactly my views
    It's a great film!

ReputationRep:
    Fight Club... gotta' love David Fincher. Brad Pitt is the reason I love it so much as well, him and Ed worked amazingly well together. I want a Fight Club soap t-shirt

ReputationRep:
    They have T-Shirts? *heads to eBay*

ReputationRep:
    I only watched it for the men at first (Brad Pitt + Jared Leto in the same film?! ooof!) but it turned out to be a really good film!

ReputationRep:
    My favourite film ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gee_shakedown)
    My favourite film ever
    Me too, althought admittedly I've never gotten round to reading the Chuck Palahniuk book, even though I love Palahniuk books!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenna_is_ace)
    Me too, althought admittedly I've never gotten round to reading the Chuck Palahniuk book, even though I love Palahniuk books!
    ditto! its one of my favourite films of all time, and yet even though i love to read, i haven't got round to reading it yet. what other Palahniuk books do you like?

ReputationRep:
    All the ones I've read so far have been good, apart from "Non Fiction" that one I got really bored after a few tales in. Just finished "Invisible Monsters" dead good, pretty gruesome though.

ReputationRep:
    =o what is the first rule of fight club?

ReputationRep:
    I've both read the book and watched the film and think they're amazing. The film is one of my favourites of all time and personally, I don't think it gets anything wrong. One of my favourite lines in the book which I don't think is in the film is 'A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.' I don't know why but that line just resonates with me.

ReputationRep:
    I've read survivor and haunted.
    Haunted seemed to be a little too gruesome.
    Chuck Palahnuik is a genius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conoraq)
    In my humble opinion its way overrated... its trying to make some big statement about society and the evils of capitalism (how original). Its a shame that their cure for this scourge is terrorising innocent people, causing huge amounts of criminal damage and for a finale blowing up skyscrapers which probably results in hundred of the aforementioned innocent human beings losing their lives...
    Edward Norton put in a fairly good performance but not on the same level as his debut alongside Richard Gere in the terribly named "Primal Fear".
    The SHOCKING PLOT TWIST is pretty good for what it is... although i think it had more impact in the book...
    I think overall the film was a bit too vulgar and heavy handed for my tastes and it lacked in any real excitement or humour apart from the brief exchange between Marla and Tyler:
    "Who are you talking to?"
    "Shut up!" (the comedy was greatly increased by Tyler's yellow rubber gloves)
    So yeah - i feel a tad undewhelmed when i watch the film...perhaps because i read the book first so knew the plot... i suppose its a pretty good way to spend 2 hours but its not the groundbreaking masterpiece that the mainstream media would have you believe
    It's a bloody film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry)
    It's a bloody film.
    Lol

Also, the buildings had nobody in them as Tyler explains during the Narrator/Tyler fight scene after Narrator defuses the bomb

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.