Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lol sorry should have said sleep paralysis can start fairly small as it did for me.
    Lol, I saw who you are and I'm curious as to why you feel it necessary to post anon...

(Original post by Fishfinger Sandwich)
    Lol, I saw who you are and I'm curious as to why you feel it necessary to post anon...
    I just find it a bit personal

ReputationRep:
    I just find it a bit personal
    OK fair does.
    Was just wondering, since I don't find it personal/embarrassing in any way.
    Each to their own I suppose. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me too, also, once I had the feeling of sitting up but I was still lying down. It was weird. (I thought I was dying :eek:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moniker)
    This happens to me too, also, once I had the feeling of sitting up but I was still lying down. It was weird. (I thought I was dying :eek:).
    I was convinced I was going to die. It felt like there was someone else there who would kill me whilst I was paralyzed.

ReputationRep:
    I was convinced I was going to die. It felt like there was someone else there who would kill me whilst I was paralyzed.
    Ooooh I didn't get that thankfully, I just felt like I was suffocating and slowly going to heaven...

That looks very weird typed out, but it doesn't feel very nice and I'm glad other people get this! (So I know I'm not alone, not because I'm pleased they get it or anyhting :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moniker)
    Ooooh I didn't get that thankfully, I just felt like I was suffocating and slowly going to heaven...

That looks very weird typed out, but it doesn't feel very nice and I'm glad other people get this! (So I know I'm not alone, not because I'm pleased they get it or anyhting :p:)
    Me too. i was releived to find that other people get it.
    Some people get really bad hallucinogenic episodes, where they get the tactile sensations I had in my worst one, combined with visual hallucinations such as a witch or something sitting on them and strangeling them.
    Mine was scary enough with just the feelings, nevermind the visual stuff. I'd have probably messed myself if that happened to me.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep paralysis scares the living **** out of me, thus I sleep on my stomach as opposed to my back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artemidoros)
    Sleep paralysis scares the living **** out of me, thus I sleep on my stomach as opposed to my back!
    I tried that, but I'd just wake up on my back and it would happen anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. i was releived to find that other people get it.
    Some people get really bad hallucinogenic episodes, where they get the tactile sensations I had in my worst one, combined with visual hallucinations such as a witch or something sitting on them and strangeling them.
    Mine was scary enough with just the feelings, nevermind the visual stuff. I'd have probably messed myself if that happened to me.
    creepy

ReputationRep:
    I get sleep paralysis and I quite enjoy it cos it doesnt happen often so it's a bit of a treat. It's not scary for me, just another human experience that makes me feel very human and alive and wooooooop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdr)
    I get sleep paralysis and I quite enjoy it cos it doesnt happen often so it's a bit of a treat. It's not scary for me, just another human experience that makes me feel very human and alive and wooooooop.

:eek:
    Do you ever get hallucinations or horrible feelings of death?

ReputationRep:
    No I've heard of that thing where an womany-type character crawls on top of you etc but all i ever get is the feeling of paralysis. I can hear the blood going round my head and feel myself breathing but can't control it. I can't scream which is a bit scary, and i'm not sure if i can move my eyes. Generally though, it's not that bad.
    I'm not sure I'd enjoy so much it if i had the hallucinations

ReputationRep:
    It's just like being between asleep and being awake, which is very weird. What are you if you're neither of these? (Semi-conscious I suppose?).

ReputationRep:
    Thank God I sleep on my stomach, Jesus I'd go crazy If I had it.

ReputationRep:
    I had sleep paralysis for the first time not that long ago. It was so scary it was unbelievable. I woke up and couldn't move any part of my body. I could only move my eyes. I really thought I was going to die. I attempted to bang on the wall in distress but obviously couldn't move. I then tried to scream but again couldn't. It seemed like it lasted forever. I felt tlike I couldn't breathe. I scared me to death lol. But then I reseatched it and it seemed I wasn't dying lol Anyway, never had it since, but it was an experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdr)
    No I've heard of that thing where an womany-type character crawls on top of you etc but all i ever get is the feeling of paralysis. I can hear the blood going round my head and feel myself breathing but can't control it. I can't scream which is a bit scary, and i'm not sure if i can move my eyes. Generally though, it's not that bad.
    I'm not sure I'd enjoy so much it if i had the hallucinations
    Yeah usually, I just get it like you do (and I can definately move my eyes), but I've had hallucinations and horrible feelings of doom twice, one such experience was truly terrifying.
    I don't really see how you could enjoy it though, even just basic episodes. You must be some kind of psycho... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artemidoros)
    Thank God I sleep on my stomach, Jesus I'd go crazy If I had it.
    Like I said, I've fallen to sleep on my stomach, only to wake up on my back and have an episode...

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, I've fallen to sleep on my stomach, only to wake up on my back and have an episode...
    Oh, sorry about that, Does it happen when you sleep on your stomach?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I didn't know where to post this but anyway.

The thing is I usually have some kind of panic attack while I'm trying to get to sleep at night. It happens to me often and its freaking me out. I've heard its something with your muscles? Anyone have any idea what this is?

Thanks
    I get this too and to be honest, I like it. :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.