Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREXIT: POLICE STATE.... How it will happen... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    There's no point. OP is the kind that doesn't hear anything that's vaguely dissent. Check out any of his -many- other threads on the topic, he's here to talk at people, not with people.

I'm all for engaging in reasonable debate wherever possible, but he's not and never has been interested in the debate, so why should we engage him?

Also, enough of the ******** yourself. "I know it's hard for Brexiters"? And you complain that others are lowering the tone of the debate? Get off your high horse.
    Dissent, and indeed assent, must be reasoned. If yours isn't then I'm afraid you can only expect the same back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Dissent, and indeed assent, must be reasoned. If yours isn't then I'm afraid you can only expect the same back.
    And yet you don't practise what you preach.

Odd that, isn't it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    Dear FredOrJohn,

Please leave.

Yours sincerely,

Everyone on TSR
    Should bullying posts like this be allowed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Should bullying posts like this be allowed?
    It's not bullying to point out that TSR should take steps to limit the actions of prolific spammers.

ReputationRep:
    TSR should take steps to limit the actions of prolific spammers.
    They should, but they won't. Not in this clown's case anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as we know, all non EU countries are essentially poor, despotic, totalitarian wastelands.*

ReputationRep:
    It's not bullying to point out that TSR should take steps to limit the actions of prolific spammers.
    I'm sure they do stop spamming.

My politics is 100% REMAIN.

Ergo I write Brexit posts. You do not have to read them (there are plenty of other threads or you could write your own)

Ergo you are bullying.

Ergo should your bullying posts be allowed?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they do stop spamming.

Ergo I write Brexit posts. You do not have to read them (there are plenty of other threads or you could write your own)

Ergo you are bullying.

Ergo should your bullying posts be allowed?
    So submit new content which adds to the discussion rather than lying and being hysterical, if you think a polite request for you to either submit better content or stop posting is bullying, you will fail at like when adulthood comes around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    You would invite a builder into your home with no background checks?

Pole or not, if someone is not part of some sort of register (which you would need a valid visa or passport for) then no, they aren't doing my job.
    I see you've never had builders in.
    You go to checkatrade (or similar) they give recommends.
    You get a new bathroom - the main builder subcontracts bits out (plumbing, electrics, painting, etc). The main builder, using cash takes good people on from anywhere. There is little or no checking. Its all by A knows B who knows C.

Or church notice boards - "Good Catholic seeks job". It would be naive to think otherwise.

There is already well over 1 million people working here illegally. Leaving the EU will make it 2 or 3 million illegally.

The only business to gain will be the building of detention centres, securicor type work and barb wire makers - perhaps military uniform makers

Leaving the EU will make everyone a loser

ReputationRep:
    So submit new content which adds to the discussion rather than lying and being hysterical, if you think a polite request for you to either submit better content or stop posting is bullying, you will fail at like when adulthood comes around.
    He has the trials and tribulations of Big School to overcome first.

ReputationRep:

Trouble is, you are writing more and more desperate stuff which people are taking less and less seriously. If your aim is to win friends and influence people, it is failing miserably. Sorry but it is. I once engaged with your posts. Now I just think to myself, "FredOrJohn - just give up will you! Talking about banging against a brick wall!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Trouble is, you are writing more and more desperate stuff which people are taking less and less seriously. If your aim is to win friends and influence people, it is failing miserably. Sorry but it is. I once engaged with your posts. Now I just think to myself, "FredOrJohn - just give up will you! Talking about banging against a brick wall!"
    I'm not trying to influence anyone , I am writing remain political streams of consciousness.

put me on ignore if you hate art or drivel or remain politics or whatever

surely you notice the same posters write one liners time after time after time - saying "give up being remain" - While they write here I'm stopping them writing elsewhere ...

ReputationRep:
    I see you've never had builders in.
    You go to checkatrade (or similar) they give recommends.
    You get a new bathroom - the main builder subcontracts bits out (plumbing, electrics, painting, etc). The main builder, using cash takes good people on from anywhere. There is little or no checking. Its all by A knows B who knows C.

Or church notice boards - "Good Catholic seeks job". It would be naive to think otherwise.

There is already well over 1 million people working here illegally. Leaving the EU will make it 2 or 3 million illegally.

The only business to gain will be the building of detention centres, securicor type work and barb wire makers - perhaps military uniform makers

Leaving the EU will make everyone a loser
    We must live in completely different places... that's not how we do things at all

For one, our church boards would never dare to publicly advertise like that. Just because someone's religious, doesn't mean that they are good to do business with!.

We don't subcontract either. It's cheaper to hire each person individually. Ofc if you have no idea what you're doing and you're embarking on a loft conversion for the first time. then yes get a contractor. But a bathroom is easy in comparison

We recently took on a plumber via a recommendation by another builder, without doing background checks ourselves. Guess what? He jacked up and left in the middle of the job anyway. Never again. Spoken to other dedicated property developers too - who would never hire someone they haven't done their own checks on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Haha.

I was tossing a coin in my head between the two of them when I clicked on this thread.
    When I opened this thread in a new tab, I looked away and said to my brother "this thread is going to be made by JordanL_, FredOrJohn or Ambitious1999, do you want to check?" OWTTE

I put my highest bets on JordanL_, second highest on FredOrJohn, though I had an inkling FredOrJohn should have been first before it was confirmed, because even this is low for JordanL_.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Only responses are "you're stupid" or "shut up". Aren't you supposed to be students? Have some intellectual honesty for once and engage with the issues raised. I know it's hard for Brexiters...
    Isn't it funny? Isn't it funny that you somehow "missed" the first two replies in this thread, posted by people who happen to be avid remainers? (There also happens to be at least one more remainer until your post, who spoke disparagingly towards the OP, who however happens to only be a soft remainer.)

I quoted the two users and their posts to help remind you.

(Though the second poster might not be so valid, because the user actually engaged a bit with the issues raised. The first poster however has absolutely no redeeming qualities in your eyes.)

(Original post by gladders)
    Mate, I'm as disgusted about Brexit as you are but you're verging on the mental now
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Well done on another ridiculously stupid thread. You discreit yourself every time you post, similar to ambitious 1999 and you make some of the trolling brexiters look normal.

We dont know on what terms we will leave, so theres a good chance freedom of movement will continue. That would mean same as it is now and thus your fantasy would look silly.

In the event we did leave and we didnt have free movement, then we would just be like any other country oustide the EU and fully in control of the borders and our immigration system. That allows us to put checks in place to prevent illegal entry and working. Its up to the government how much it wishes to spend.

In terms of the balck economy then some will try and some will succeed. The givernment can simply make it a legal requirement for househilders to check the people had the right to work in the UK by permit, just as employers do at present by checking passports.It would make them responsible people who only dealt with legal workers.

Nobody would worry about spies, this is just you foregting to ake your medication again.

UK will carry on just as it always has. Your scenario and claims are ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    The Iron Curtain came down 25 years ago. Poles are now free to travel.

If Brexit tries to put up a new Iron Curtain around the UK Poles and other East Europeans will still try to come here via holidays.

Householders and small farmers will still employ Poles to do their plumbing and electrics as they will still be good value and good craftsmen and women - I mean can you imagine house holders looking at workers passports to double check its all legal? What type of people would that make us?

It would not really be that easy to say who was a legal or an illegal pole. It would need an army of neighbours spying on neighbour, small farmer spying on small farmer.

Everyone would worry that their neighbour was a secret spy - just like in the original iron curtain .

This is what Brexit will do to us. We would be the new Soviet Union.
    State issued ID cards.

Derp

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We must live in completely different places... that's not how we do things at all

For one, our church boards would never dare to publicly advertise like that. Just because someone's religious, doesn't mean that they are good to do business with!.

We don't subcontract either. It's cheaper to hire each person individually. Ofc if you have no idea what you're doing and you're embarking on a loft conversion for the first time. then yes get a contractor. But a bathroom is easy in comparison

We recently took on a plumber via a recommendation by another builder, without doing background checks ourselves. Guess what? He jacked up and left in the middle of the job anyway. Never again. Spoken to other dedicated property developers too - who would never hire someone they haven't done their own checks on.
    Nope - 90% of people either pick new bathrooms etc from companies like "bathstore".
    http://www.bathstore.com/installation-services
    These tiny companies pick a hodge podge of people or via a "master builder" who picks and sends round his own team. You as the householder only really get to check the "team leader" (often not even him). Its very rare that a householder checks every member of the team (if ever).

You're being EXTREMELY disingenuous because you have a Leave political position. I'm sorry your view does not stack up anywhere in the UK - you are being beyond ridiculous .

There are already one million illegal workers in the UK, after Brexit it will be about 3 to 4 million.

ReputationRep:
    Nope - 90% of people either pick new bathrooms etc from companies like "bathstore".
    http://www.bathstore.com/installation-services
    These tiny companies pick a hodge podge of people or via a "master builder" who picks and sends round his own team. You as the householder only really get to check the "team leader" (often not even him). Its very rare that a householder checks every member of the team (if ever).

You're being EXTREMELY disingenuous because you have a Leave political position. I'm sorry your view does not stack up anywhere in the UK - you are being beyond ridiculous .

There are already one million illegal workers in the UK, after Brexit it will be about 3 to 4 million.

..... 172 stores across the country? "Tiny company"? I'm pretty sure the lead contractor has background checks on all of his workers for a company that size. Otherwise they would be bust by now from the sheer number of lawsuits. I'd also be interested to know where your "90%" statistic comes from, since anyone with a shred of DIY knowledge knows that these contractors bleed your wallet dry.

Considering contractors for the moment: do you really think a builder is going to risk his business by hiring a bunch of people he hasn't met before? No, he's going to do checks on all of them before accepting a client's job. The client expects the lead builder to have carried out the checks.

If the water systems use gas as an energy source, then the client can request a gas safety certificate
    A gas certificate can only be issued by a worker on the relevant register
    Hence, an illegal worker cannot provide a certificate.

Now if you were sensible with your money and hired an electrician and plumber separately and did the painting yourself, you would be making sure that builders would have been registered yourself

I have no idea why you keep pulling that "illegal workers" statistic. It's very easy to tell between illegal or not. Ask for their name, number, then look them up on the internet. Done. No passport involved.

Nothing to do with whether I am a remain or leave voter, your opinion that you should invite absolutely everyone into your home with no idea whether they are a professional or not is disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    ..... 172 stores across the country? "Tiny company"? I'm pretty sure the lead contractor has background checks on all of his workers for a company that size. Otherwise they would be bust by now from the sheer number of lawsuits. I'd also be interested to know where your "90%" statistic comes from, since anyone with a shred of DIY knowledge knows that these contractors bleed your wallet dry.

Considering contractors for the moment: do you really think a builder is going to risk his business by hiring a bunch of people he hasn't met before? No, he's going to do checks on all of them before accepting a client's job. The client expects the lead builder to have carried out the checks.

If the water systems use gas as an energy source, then the client can request a gas safety certificate
    A gas certificate can only be issued by a worker on the relevant register
    Hence, an illegal worker cannot provide a certificate.

Now if you were sensible with your money and hired an electrician and plumber separately and did the painting yourself, you would be making sure that builders would have been registered yourself

I have no idea why you keep pulling that "illegal workers" statistic. It's very easy to tell between illegal or not. Ask for their name, number, then look them up on the internet. Done. No passport involved.

Nothing to do with whether I am a remain or leave voter, your opinion that you should invite absolutely everyone into your home with no idea whether they are a professional or not is disturbing.
    They sub-contract to British based East Europeans (the ones allowed to stay) .These builders then get their own sub contractors (come on you must know - that , no one is that silly). They are not employers and employees , they are contractors, sub contractors and even sub sub contractors . Sorry but you should not waste your breath replying - I know - this is not belief, this is fact.

Brexit will create 3 to 4 million illegal workers in the UK (up from the current 1 million) - how many people does the UK deport each year? Answer : not a great deal. Brexit is insanity. It makes us all losers and creates MILLIONS of illegal workers.

ReputationRep:
    They sub-contract to a British based East Europeans (the ones allowed to stay) .These builders then get their own sub contractors (come on you must know - that , no one is that silly). They are not employers and employees , they are contractors, sub contractors and even sub sub contractors . Sorry but you should not waste your breath replying - I know - this is not belief, this is fact.
    Christ. I didn't say that one guy was running around finding builders for all 172 stores did I?
    Great now we've confirmed that contractors and subcontractors are all legal workers, and if "90% of people use contractors" then illegal immigration will hardly affect the trade. Next:

Brexit will create 3 to 4 million illegal workers in the UK (up from the current 1 million) - how many people does the UK deport each year? Answer : not a great deal. Brexit is insanity. It makes us all losers and creates MILLIONS of illegal workers.
    I'll believe it when I see it. So far I can't even find so much as a news article suggesting that Brexit will lead to an influx of illegal migrants

Btw, if you find that you use up a a considerable amount of air while typing on a forum, you're doing it wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.