Jeremy Corbyn Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    This last one is mocking anti-Corbyn hysterics :teehee:
    I thought i would post that one because of the funny face lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Support Corbyn all you want but can you not do it from the comfort of your own political party? Labour is... Was a serious party of opposition. It cannot be so again with Jeremy at the helm.

Small party politics is becoming the norm in the UK. It's fine. But right now we have NO opposition and Jeremy is to blame for that. It's time to go. Start your own political party and go.

ReputationRep:
    My Favorite would be "Red Jez Hatches secret plan to kidnap your savings"

ReputationRep:
    Also, it's not what Corbyn wants to do that is the problem. It's his ability to get it done. He's not particularly intelligent, he's too obsessed with ideological purity at the cost to pragmatic action, and he is incapable of working with other people if he disagrees with them. *In short he's totally incompetent. This is not left vs right*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyBloodisBlue)
    err...

You do realise that is satire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyBloodisBlue)
    My Favorite would be "Red Jez Hatches secret plan to kidnap your savings"
    I'm anti Corbyn but that's hilarious!

Kim-Yong orbyn wants to picket your family

Corbyn Chaos as Unions burn down cancer patients

Crack fuelled Corbyn ties to hurl abuse at your savings

ReputationRep:
    Can I still join even if I only like him because he's going to let us Tories win the election?

ReputationRep:
    My pet theory is that the media like the mail etc are purposefully pumping out nonsense criticism of corbyn in order to delegitimise criticism of corbynism from the left, so that valid criticism of corbyn is thrown in with garbage about how low he should bow etc.

Jeremy Corbyn is not a leader and will not win the GE therefore will keep the Tories in power
    Whilst the grassroots like him, the grassroots will not be running his government- the PLP will who actively despise him.
    His radical policies, are not even that radical- and his policies have been rubbished by the writer of corbynomics and danny blanchflower...because he and mcdonnel have no policies other than going 'we are anti austerity'

But bthgis isnt the main reason why I dislike him. He is a disingenuous, unprincipled regressive leftist that is mates with Galloway and Seumas Milne that got paid up by RT and Press TV. To Corbyn and his fans, nothing is worse than neoliberalism- but for me, kleptocratic, fascist, theocratic regimes in Iran, Russia and elsewhere are far, far worse than neoliberalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Can I still join even if I only like him because he's going to let us Tories win the election?
    Michael Gove did so i dont see why you canyt.

ReputationRep:
    Labour is polling at its lowest in almost two decades and its supporters still support a leader who appeals to a concentrated audience of brainwashed and entitled liberals?

ReputationRep:
    Crazy Corbyn says workshy should...Sing vile song about...The Union Flag :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Michael Gove did so i dont see why you canyt.
    Indeed but I've got to say that I don't like this sort of behaviour as to me it goes against the spirit of what politics ought to be about*

ReputationRep:
    Whilst the grassroots like him, the grassroots will not be running his government- the PLP will who actively despise him.

His radical policies, are not even that radical- and his policies have been rubbished by the writer of corbynomics and danny blanchflower...because he and mcdonnel have no policies other than going 'we are anti austerity'
    Regarding your first point. The fault there lies more with the PLP. Sure you could say the grassroutes should be more realistic. But due to FPTP there isn't anything that can be done about it. You have the more fanatical members on both sides but there are good reasons why any left wing labour member should be worried that the PLP will never let the left of the party rule again once Corbyn is ousted. How is this a functional party? The "elite" segment of the party has complete contempt for the left of the party and treats it like a hostage knowing it has no where else to go. This "elite" have now created the Frankenstein monster of Corbyn. They also did the same with what are now UKIP voting areas... Under New Labour they ignored this demographic because they believed they had no where else to go either, as long as they just barley kept those areas alive by chucking money at them they would continue to vote labour. So two Frankenstein monsters: Corbyn and UKIP.

The right of the party that are ideologically right (not just pragmatists who would go left if they saw a route to victory that way) would rather labour was a liberal party and just uses the grass routes and left of the party.

Two sides that hate each other and can't split and then you have a load of people caught in the middle desperately trying to save the situation. The PLP is disproportionately made up of those who hate the left of the party and the grass routes is disproportionately left of the PLP as a whole. Labour is being hoisted by its own FPTP petard basically.

With regards to your second point on the policies not even being that radical. Let me stoke the fire some more.

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2...search+UK+2%29

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Indeed but I've got to say that I don't like this sort of behaviour as to me it goes against the spirit of what politics ought to be about*
    Oh i quite agree. The Kanpur party's far too gone now for me to give a toss though. The political spectrum has grown far too broad to be contained in the two party system and this this sort of nonsense us what we have to deal with without PR.

The Tories probably have the best method, though even that isn't fool proof.

ReputationRep:
    ChaoticButterfly

I agree absolutely, this is why we need PR. Like so many other things, the fault probably lies with Blair.

The Labour Party is a rottingwalking corpse- people should just vote lib dem or green or nationalist and be done with it.

ReputationRep:
    Will I need to pay £25 to discuss in this thread??
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hahaha:Just joking- don't hurt me pls

ReputationRep:
    The main problem with the present situation is that Corbyn has become the focus of a personality cult.

Owen Smith's or Angela Eagle's views and ideas to move forward are are/were irrelevant because they aren't him.

ReputationRep:
    My pet theory is that the media like the mail etc are purposefully pumping out nonsense criticism of corbyn in order to delegitimise criticism of corbynism from the left, so that valid criticism of corbyn is thrown in with garbage about how low he should bow etc.

Jeremy Corbyn is not a leader and will not win the GE therefore will keep the Tories in power

But bthgis isnt the main reason why I dislike him. He is a disingenuous, unprincipled regressive leftist that is mates with Galloway and Seumas Milne that got paid up by RT and Press TV. To Corbyn and his fans, nothing is worse than neoliberalism- but for me, kleptocratic, fascist, theocratic regimes in Iran, Russia and elsewhere are far, far worse than neoliberalism.
    vague concepts and esoteric ideas *

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.