Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which TSR members should read this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Oh dear...

JordanL > majority of people in this country

You need to stop being so intolerant
    A small majority of those who actually voted.

The sort of gap between the two sides that can easily go either way when it comes to House of Commons majorities.

People hopelessly misled by deliberate (and knowing) lies by Johnson, Gove, Farage, etc.

Those leaders behaving like bored public school boys playing a game, egging on the working class with petty nationalism and simplistic solutions.

Now the whole structure and economy of one of the most important countries in the world hangs on the precipice because of their arrogant stupidity and vanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Farage not doing anything as an MEP and taking £80k annoys me the most. If I didn't turn up to work, still got paid, I'd be fired and I'm sure the public would be infuriated with a public sector worker getting paid for nothing. Why is it different for Farage?
    Because all the kippers are miles up his ********* like some sort of tapeworm. He's the champion of the common man, with his private education and history of tax avoidance.

ReputationRep:
    I was unhappy with the result as I believe leaving the EU is a mistake but it's not apocalypse as lots of Remain campaigners have been trying to make us believe. But I'm still convinced we will lose out in the end. However Id like nothing more than to be wrong at this point.

I do get the impression though from a lot of other Remainers that they'd love to see the country tank so that they can say "I told you so" and many Remainers' attitudes recently has been nothing short of disgusting. I don't like the result any more than they do but let's employ a can-do attitude, back ourselves to succeed and work together to make this a positive. The nay-sayers who patently hate this country and most people in it (I don't think I need to point out who on this forum this applies to) ought to have a word with themselves, quit being babies and help us make the best of it.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    I do get the impression though from a lot of other Remainers that they'd love to see the country tank so that they can say "I told you so" and many Remainers' attitudes recently has been nothing short of disgusting. I don't like the result any more than they do but let's employ a can-do attitude, back ourselves to succeed and work together to make this a positive. The nay-sayers who patently hate this country and most people in it (I don't think I need to point out who on this forum this applies to) ought to have a word with themselves, quit being babies and help us make the best of it.*
    I do believe the appropriate response in the circumstances is "This!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    I was unhappy with the result as I believe leaving the EU is a mistake but it's not apocalypse as lots of Remain campaigners have been trying to make us believe. But I'm still convinced we will lose out in the end. However Id like nothing more than to be wrong at this point.

I'm really unsure how tsr users and ordinary members of the public adopting a 'can do' attitude will help our economy prosper post Brexit.

I'm not saying we won't, nor am I saying that we will tank*but I am really questioning the link between the attitude of tsr members/ remainers and how our government and economic system recovers.

Saying 'just adopt a can do attitude' seems hopelessly American Dream. 'You can do anything if you have a positive attitude'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.