Turn on thread page Beta

Do I have crabs?? HELP!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    and you can catch HIV by kissing someone HIV+, and catch herpes by sharing a toilet seat with someone infected.
    heard them all before and they're rubbish.
    Well except you CAN catch crabs by sharing a towel etc. because they can live without a host for up to 2 days. How do you think I caught 'em?

I haven't got a clue about herpes, but I was under the impression that HIV is spread through bodily fluids, which could include blood from bleeding gums surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowz)
    Well except you CAN catch crabs by sharing a towel etc. because they can live without a host for up to 2 days. How do you think I caught 'em?

I haven't got a clue about herpes, but I was under the impression that HIV is spread through bodily fluids, which could include blood from bleeding gums surely?
    I heard that you cant get hiv from kissing a person infected...unless they have like a mouth ulcer or something like that. but not from saliva itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    I heard that you cant get hiv from kissing a person infected...unless they have like a mouth ulcer or something like that. but not from saliva itself.
    Pretty much what I was stabbing at really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowz)

yeah but that's really rare. because HIV infects your immune system, and your immune system in the blood is comprised of white blood cells. now, white blood cells take up less than 1% of the blood. so really, the likelihood of you swallowing even ONE white blood cell is quite small, and even less likely to swallow an infected cell.

even if you DO swallow an infected cell, unless that cell enters your blood stream (and it wouldn't unless you've got a cut in your mouth aswell, a cut in your throat, etc. it would go down to your stomach and be destroyed.

so yes. theoretically it COULD happen.

is it probable at all? absolutely not.

ReputationRep:
    Books are good.

ReputationRep:
    Ah a new troll for TSR. Or maybe hes just thick as pig ****, only time will tell

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.