Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harsh truth: She isn't interested. Feeling this way about someone you haven't met is incredibly unhealthy.
    For your own sake, cut off all contact. Focus on the amazing new opportunities you have in your life, for example, going to uni soon. You'll meet so many new people that you'll barely remember her after a week.
    If someone I had never met told me they feel this way about me I'd be really freaked out. It isn't normal.

ReputationRep:
    This is another level of pathetic. Have some dignity and self-respect and delete her from your life. If she respected you and even thought of you as a friend or more, then you would have met her a long time ago.

And stop white-knighting the only girl that's willing to talk to you. Just because she has a pussy, does not mean you should sacrifice your life for her, when she doesn't even want to see your face in public LOL. Nothing good ever came from being captain save-a-hoe. So fix yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    She'll meet up with you if and when she's ready. Don't push the subject.
    Maybe she'll be ready after 10 years and the OP should be a gentleman and wait patiently, as a real man would. Lol.

Do you see the dumbness in your logic?

ReputationRep:
    Ask her on a date, when shes ready shel accept. I used to be in a similar situation/relationship and to be honest these things can be so taxing on your life that they almost become an addiction. So, i would say that if even after so much talking she dosnt want to meet you, well just move on man
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Maybe she'll be ready after 10 years and the OP should be a gentleman and wait patiently, as a real man would. Lol.

Do you see the dumbness in your logic?
    Actually, I'm not being dumb. It's what I'd do if I was her.

He's obsessed with other her which isn't healthy for either.

ReputationRep:

Just because you choose to do that, does not make it end up being any less dumb. But I agree with your second comment. The OP needs to stop being a wuss and ditch this worthless girl, so that his sanity can recover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We've been talking for 4-5 months, haven't met yet because she keeps putting it off. We talk every day about everything, we share mostly everything with each other, we're really close.

I have strong feelings for her. I've mentioned it twice across a couple of months and she's not interested. I want to be friends with her but it's just painful for me. It's affecting my mental health. Talking to her is the only reason I get out of bed atm, I only want to go to uni because she's going to one nearby, meeting her is literally the only thing I have to look forward to etc.

I don't know what to do. I could bring it up again when/if we meet but she's said she's not interested twice even though we know each other really well, so I don't see why that'd change. I don't want to stop talking to her but I think it's the best thing for me in the long run, I can't just keep clinging on and seeing if she changes her mind. I mentioned to her maybe we should stop talking and now she's upset. I'm upset too, and I don't want to do it, but what else can I do????
    I understand how you feel , but the best option is to talk to her one last time and if not move on because then you are just being lead on further into sown thing that is only one-sided by you and the deeper you get the more prone you are to get hurt . ,
    I'm sorry to hear about that and I know how you feel when you said the only reason you get out of bed is got meeting her ,

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to evaluate whether this is a bit of an unhealthy dependent relationship on your part. It sounds as though you're leaning on her as the only thing that keeps you going- which is dangerous because if things don't go the way you want them to you're going to struggle very badly. It's about advocating balance for yourself. Believe me, I know how hard that is, but it is something worth reflecting on.

You can't put any pressure on her. It sounds as though you may not be on the same page, and she is under no obligation to commit to you. Give her some space and try not to force anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She's definitely not a cat fish, it's just not possible with how much and how often we speak
    It is.

You're just stupid. Or naive, if that makes you feel better.

ReputationRep:

I see your point, but not everyone can do things like you. It's obvious that OP can't hide his opinions about her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.