Bake off 2016!!!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Can't wait till it starts again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Subbing! Definitely my favourite tv show; I even got my housemates last year to watch for the first time
    Last year they reran every series in from 2011-14. Did you make them watch those as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Last year they reran every series in from 2011-14. Did you make them watch those as well?
    Nopes We didn't have that much spare time as 2nd years

ReputationRep:

EEEEK!!!!!!!

But oh my gosh, that's 6 days after results day. I might not live to see GBBO return

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)

EEEEK!!!!!!!

But oh my gosh, that's 6 days after results day. I might not live to see GBBO return
    That's where us teeny little GCSE students have the advantage. (Ironically I'm 6'3") I will watch it the day before my results then keep watching re-runs and forget about my results and not have to suffer the shame of collecting them. They will never know I got 14 'U's

ReputationRep:
    That's where us teeny little GCSE students have the advantage. (Ironically I'm 6'3" I will watch it the day before my results then keep watching re-runs and forget about my results and not have to suffer the shame of collecting them. They will never know I got 14 'U's
    Haha I'm sure you will be fine. But yes, it will be a good distraction for you. And perhaps Bakeoff will give me something to live for after my A2 results, so it's not all bad for me.

ReputationRep:
    I only like watching it at the start of the series before they've weeded out all the crap ones, makes for better tv when they screw up

ReputationRep:
    Only 15 days to go!
    We still have no idea of anything but the start date for GBBO but for anyone interested in the Junior GBBO apparently one of the judges this year will be GBBO's winner from 2015 Nadiya Hussain.
    (source)

ReputationRep:
    Only 15 days to go!
    We still have no idea of anything but the start date for GBBO but for anyone interested in the Junior GBBO apparently one of the judges this year will be GBBO's winner from 2015 Nadiya Hussain.
    (source)
    When does junior GBBO happen? I've never watched it, is it good?

ReputationRep:
    When does junior GBBO happen? I've never watched it, is it good?
    It's normally not too bad, it's on CBBC and is really aimed at the younger audience. Some of the bakers have a talent, but it is set out in the same way as celebrity GBBO ( 4 competitors each week and a winner each week). But if you are interested last years advert is available here.
    I just thought some of the people on here might still watch it and there was no other news for GBBO. It's 15 days away and we still haven't seen any pics of the contestants though, I swear we had by this point last year.

ReputationRep:
    It's normally not too bad, it's on CBBC and is really aimed at the younger audience. Some of the bakers have a talent, but it is set out in the same way as celebrity GBBO ( 4 competitors each week and a winner each week). But if you are interested last years advert is available here.
    I just thought some of the people on here might still watch it and there was no other news for GBBO. It's 15 days away and we still haven't seen any pics of the contestants though, I swear we had by this point last year.
    Thanks

Haha hoping for some eye candy?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Haha hoping for some eye candy?
    :rofl3:
    No, I'd prefer a good baker, but I mean once we know what they look like we can start placing (metaphorical) bets on who we think will win, and it also adds to the suspense and excitement.
    Looking back on last years bakers with the likes of Stu, you could tell he would be one of the first to go. And Ian, being from near where I live, I felt instantly obliged to support him. And Flora looked to be like Martha from the year before (not physically but I assumed she would be a similar baker).
    But of course if some of them look nice that's always a bonus.

Sadly there really isn't much in the way of news yet, not even an ad.
    I need something to quench my thirst for baking. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl3:
    No, I'd prefer a good baker, but I mean once we know what they look like we can start placing (metaphorical) bets on who we think will win, and it also adds to the suspense and excitement.
    Looking back on last years bakers with the likes of Stu, you could tell he would be one of the first to go. And Ian, being from near where I live, I felt instantly obliged to support him. And Flora looked to be like Martha from the year before (not physically but I assumed she would be a similar baker).
    But of course if some of them look nice that's always a bonus.

Sadly there really isn't much in the way of news yet, not even an ad.
    I need something to quench my thirst for baking. :drool:
    Ah well, hopefully soon. I think Norman has been my favourite contestant to date

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, hopefully soon. I think Norman has been my favourite contestant to date
    Wasn't he the really old guy??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Wasn't he the really old guy??
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.
    Not gonna lie, wasn't so keen on him. He really annoyed me how he always said how rubbish he was when he actually made some pretty decent stuff iirc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Not gonna lie, wasn't so keen on him. He really annoyed me how he always said how rubbish he was when he actually made some pretty decent stuff iirc!
    Aww I thought he was really sweet.

ReputationRep:

Well he's not a bad baker, he just left things a bit simplistic. He could never have won but he was a nice guy. (BTW Was this you with the fan art?)

ReputationRep:
    Aww I thought he was really sweet.
    Looking at the pic above, I was actually thinking of another old guy... Yeh, I thought this guy was alright actually!

ReputationRep:

Well he's not a bad baker, he just left things a bit simplistic. He could never have won but he was a nice guy. (BTW Was this you with the fan art?)
    Haha nope but I wish it was I quite liked that he didn't go OTT and was true to himself and I thought the judges were sometimes unfairly harsh on him.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.