Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What did you want to be when you were growing up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Not really, I'm only 5ft5 + I used to have asthma, so physically I'm incapable at this point
    Oh that's sad I shall try and remain optimistic and tell you, never say never Stranger things have happened

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to be a vet or gymnastics coach. Now I'm doing a masters in English literature, would like to be a writer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    I'm good thank you! Busy though How about yourself?
    I am 1/4 French My Grandmother was french, but she came over in WW2! I do like France as well though :france:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Although I got an E in my French GCSE
    Yeah ditto u tbh, supposed to be packing..........
    WOW! :eek: thas so cool! I'm legit like 100% english :ashamed: so boringgggg
    yes #gofrancego :france:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    loooool
    [I didn't get full UMS :innocent: ]

ReputationRep:
    The very first thing I said I wanted to be was a primary school teacher and I said that when I was like 7.

Then throughout the years I said stuff like being a ballet teacher, owning a cafe, being a fashion designer then being an early years teacher.

Now I'm in the process of applying to do primary education to become a primary school teacher!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    The very first thing I said I wanted to be was a primary school teacher and I said that when I was like 7.

Then throughout the years I said stuff like being a ballet teacher, owning a cafe, being a fashion designer then being an early years teacher.

Now I'm in the process of applying to do primary education to become a primary school teacher!
    That's brilliant! Good to see someone following through with their dream Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    That's brilliant! Good to see someone following through with their dream Congrats!
    Haha yeah I never thought I'd actually end up wanting to the the job I first said as a kid

ReputationRep:
    At about 5 it was a dinosaur bone hunter.

Early teens I was an outdoor instructor.

Later teens some kind of lab based scientist.

Then it was an actual scientist of some kind. Would do a phd or something then work it out from there.

Now. I have no ****ing clue. Warehouse operator I guess.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    A performer on Broadway. Deep down, that's what I still want to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Around year 6/7 a Primary school teacher. Around year 9 a pharmacist / optometrist. Now a Dietitian. Well that's a huge contrast from a teacher 😂

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea why but I wanted to be a brain surgeon, and then I thought that it's not for me, so I've been thinking about different careers but they haven't changed significantly as they are still in the field of medicine, I have now settled as being an air ambulance paramedic,
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It was teacher then biochemist then nurse, I gave nursing a go and the realised it wasn't for me. I m now a trainee dispensing assistant which my ultimate goal was to do something which helps people so I m really happy with how things worked out

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to be a witch!

ReputationRep:
    American cop. So I could legally kill anybody.

Name:  1469122029810.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  37.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A commercial pilot. But the plane that I wanted to fly hadn't been invented yet so I couldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted to be a dentist then an athlete and then a lawyer and now possibly a nurse

ReputationRep:
    I used to want to become a journalist, I just loved writing and reading,don't know what happened but then I'm thinking a homicide detective or a lawyer to work with criminals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    god

ReputationRep:
    Pretty :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.