Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tianshan)
    A Level Biology covers much more details and content, unlike GCSEs which just had little random facts. There is also more calculation questions involved - which is good news if you do Maths. Like the other science subjects, you'll need to get grips with quite a few theories and concepts. However, if you have a genuine interest in Biology, you won't find the subject such a drudgery!
    I can't remember there were so much more calculations in A levels. There were just a few, but that is very little in comparison to another natural sciences, even chemistry in stoichiometry has more at A levels. Otherwise, you are right: a great interest in the theories and concepts is an important requirement, otherwise it is really a drudgery for the most.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy it and its easy

ReputationRep:
    It's not difficult if you do work throughout the year and don't leave it all to the last week before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    It's def harder than Chemistry (which for me, wasn't a massive jump from GCSE to AS) whereas Biology was.

Don't do physics so I wouldn't know, but some say it's easier, some say it's harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelnerd123)
    It's def harder than Chemistry (which for me, wasn't a massive jump from GCSE to AS) whereas Biology was.

Don't do physics so I wouldn't know, but some say it's easier, some say it's harder.
    Yeah, for me, biology was much harder than chem
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by OGFakiie)
    Yeah, for me, biology was much harder than chem
    Because of the many terms and the lot of facts and considerations which have to be regarded and transferring in contexts? also because biology is more comprehensive in syllabus than chemistry (that was my impression in schooltime at least)?*

ReputationRep:
    I personally find biology exams harder than chemistry although the content is fairly simple... just so much of it! Wish I picked maths or physics instead

ReputationRep:
    Name:  bvio.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  8.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelogician)
    It's easier than Chemistry and Maths!
    Haha maybe for some, I much preferred chemistry and maths to biology! Bio's my worst subject, but chem and maths seemed fairly intuitive imo

Biology has a lot of content to cover. And yet the questions are too vague in my opinion, although this can vary depending on the exam board.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I didn't find it too hard (well not as hard as chemistry) but there is a LOT of material.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Biology is probably one of the easiest facilitating subjects that you can take
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ,L,)
    Name:  bvio.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  8.9 KB
    Why did you take a subject that you're not interested in? Most people who take Biology enjoy it because it is something they are interested in
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Amefish)
    Why did you take a subject that you're not interested in? Most people who take Biology enjoy it because it is something they are interested in
    Some people really thought wrongly it gets easier when it gets into closer detail. Some of them even thought they get their interest in it when it is at higher levels. And almost them realized in a short space of time they were wrong, but after that it is already too late... :sigh:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.