Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FRANCE NEEDS TO REACT NOW! ISIS urges followers to carry out more attacks in France Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayed0123)
    We need to start damaging ISIS and air strikes will minimise British soldier deaths. Some civilians die in envy war, unfortunately. That doesn't mean we should just let ISIS grow.
    I didn't know that one person's life was greater than the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the Nice Attacker had accomplices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They do, a british soldier matters to most people in this country more than some islamist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    They do, a british soldier matters to most people in this country more than some islamist.
    I wasn't talking about daesh, I was referring to the innocent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Stop immigration from Muslim countries. Block websites supporting ISIS. Start bombing ISIS properly with more airstrikes and some ground presence.
    1. What good does stopping immigration based on religion do? It only takes a few dedicated individuals, whether they live there or not. Your in the same region of blaming all muslims for terrorism.
    2. They already block websites, but they are also useful to monitor and identify who uses them to gather intelligence. As they shut sites down then others open. Easy to use proxys and easy to replicate.
    3. Bombing properly? You fail to understand that its largely desert and they know that they dont just gather to present bombable targets, but they keep spread out. Thats what happens with mobile guerilla armies.
    4. You are happy with them bombing civilians innocent or not by carpet bombing?
    Wouldnt that also backfire making us no better by attacking civilian targets and thereby encouraging further attacks on civilians?
    5. Ground presence might be needed, but whose troops are you volunteering? See how well the last one worked out. Will you be signing up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razamataz666)
    so you are blaming ISLAMIC terror attacks on French colonial history of which not many living Frenchmen will have been a part of, if any. You are saying ISIS is justified, my God. i am afraid the only person spewing gargage is YOU, now stop being a Muslim apologist and WAKE UP.
    uwotm9-1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    One of my best friends used to live in UAE. He now lives in England. He is a White Christian. Should we have stopped him from entering?
    It would better if we could allow him in, but if making sure we stop Islamist fanatics coming in also means we have to ban people like him from immigrating here, then fine. Our countries security is more important than keeping your friend's choice of where to live one country larger.

ReputationRep:
    One of my best friends used to live in UAE. He now lives in England. He is a White Christian. Should we have stopped him from entering?
    It would better if we could allow him in, but if making sure we stop Islamist fanatics coming in also means we have to ban people like him from immigrating here, then fine. Our countries security is more important than keeping your friend's choice of where to live one country larger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    not sure how your master plan stops domestic Muslims from becoming radicalised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    That's absolutely absurd. Next you'll be telling me that we should stop letting people from countries with a Muslim population of over 100,000 emigrate here.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't talking about daesh, I was referring to the innocent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see where you're coming from. What do you suggest we do to eliminate IS without hurting civilians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    not sure how your master plan stops domestic Muslims from becoming radicalised

Well, it wouldn't, but it helps a little bit. It's just an extra precaution.

That's absolutely absurd. Next you'll be telling me that we should stop letting people from countries with a Muslim population of over 100,000 emigrate here.
    Well, no I won't. The countries that are a bit dangerous to allow large amounts of people in from are countries where people wake up and go to bed to the call of prayer, where they know nothing but Islam, where they don't know a single person who isn't Muslim, a single woman who doesn't wear hijab, and where they're taught from day one that an Islamic life is the only virtuous way to live. Those are the people who will inevitably struggle to intergrate. Weird response, you don't actually explain why you think it's absurd, you just put some words in my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    What nationality is he? If he is not British then probably he should be denied entry, depending of course on his situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Stop immigration from Muslim countries. Block websites supporting ISIS. Start bombing ISIS properly with more airstrikes and some ground presence.
    I was with you until the ground presence part. I'm rather hesitant about yet another war in the Middle East.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont you think that a British government would want to reduce the deaths of its citizens? The government should ensure our safety first.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.