The Student Room Group

A new groundbreaking way to revise - opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've been doing this for 2 years and it is indeed the best note taking method for me (veryyy useful when it came to revising in May), but I always leave out the 'summary' bit :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by 34908seikj
Or you could just, y' know remember the work in class...

It's not as easy as that for some of us..... especially when you have sh** teachers that don't teach you anything in class anyway :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by goam
I've been doing this for 2 years and it is indeed the best note taking method for me (veryyy useful when it came to revising in May), but I always leave out the 'summary' bit :biggrin:

Ah that's so great!! Would you find it more useful to do the summary, or does it not really matter?
Reply 23
Original post by 999tigger
Check these forums out when it comes to exam times. That should give you incentive and let you see what people struggle with and mistakes they make.

A good set of notes will pit you in a good position and increase your chances of success. It will make revision easier, so your challenge is if you cna take your idea and be consistent.

Go and have a look at some of the revision books for the new syllabus as they will have mock sample questions, which although not official will be in accordance with the syllabus. Be sure to take advanatge of working with your teacher.

I'm definitely going to make good use of TSR.

I've been trying to get in contact with my college about the exam boards for my subjects and they told me to call back up on Monday and ask for someone because the receptionists didn't know. So when I find out, I'll be looking into that more thoroughly.
Reply 24
Original post by csutton
Ah that's so great!! Would you find it more useful to do the summary, or does it not really matter?

nah, for me a summary is just unnecessary tbh :smile: But I only used it for bio and chem so a summary might be useful for other subjects though
Reply 25
Original post by goam
nah, for me a summary is just unnecessary tbh :smile: But I only used it for bio and chem so a summary might be useful for other subjects though

Do you think it would be beneficial for humanities subjects such as english lit, history and philosophy?
Original post by 34908seikj
Or you could just, y' know remember the work in class...

My god, this man is a genius.

Quick Reply

Latest