Turn on thread page Beta

The 7 life-giving virtues watch

• View Poll Results: Which of the following do you practice?
    love
    65.79%
    abstinence
    15.79%
    self-control
    44.74%
    diligence
    34.21%
    forebearance
    31.58%
    kindness
    68.42%
    humility
    39.47%

ReputationRep:
    No option for none

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessyfencer)
    No option for none
    im sure you have plenty of virtues nessyfencer! the fact that you don't think you have any is probably a virtue in itself lol.

Love, in a relationship I put the other person first. And i'd not get into a relationship where I didn't think i'd not be able to give them what they need/deserve.

Would you believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by invisible_gal)
    im sure you have plenty of virtues nessyfencer! the fact that you don't think you have any is probably a virtue in itself lol.
    Awww, you're so nice

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to boast abt how much humility I have

ReputationRep:
    how is abstinence life-giving? surely it's life-inhibiting :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dementedbunny)
    how is abstinence life-giving? surely it's life-inhibiting :p:
    Depends what you mean "life".

For example I've read of women (& men) who didn't abstain from lust but "played the field" and ended up with little self worth, abortions, children in care, STD & mis-trust, while others looked for a man/woman who they could love & be loved by, the result was love & a happy family.

ReputationRep:
    Love and kindness for me

ReputationRep:
    Should of just cut and pasted the Catholic churches condoned virtues from the sins thread, after all they invented both the sins and the virtues, they are the authority.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9&postcount=61

Anyway I'm going to assume you meant chastity not love as that's covered by kindness and to some extent some of the others anyway really.

• Chastity
    • Abstinence
    • Liberality
    • Diligence
    • Patience
    • Kindness
    • Humility

None of them regularly but all of them at some time. I'll tick off the ones I like to at least maintain a continued flirtation with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    Should of just cut and pasted the Catholic churches condoned virtues from the sins thread, after all they invented both the sins and the virtues, they are the authority.. . .
    I think they invented the "7 deadly sins" list, but not the sins & virtues, they always existed.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who said they were humble have contradicted themselves by arrogantly admitting it. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    I think they invented the "7 deadly sins" list, but not the sins & virtues, they always existed.
    Yes I obviously meant they invented sin and virtue? Thanks for clearing that up I'm sure everyone thought I was making improper allegations :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Have role models ever inspired you to virtue ?

If so, which and who?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say forbearance. I am, though I say so myself, the epitome of calm reason. :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.