Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah rave in the cave is getting bigger by the year (think theres 1 every term the biggest being the one directly after the summer party) but its all about the warehouse free parties.

J x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blanch777)
    underground rave scene- start slow, little freshers

First term, do the Rave in the cave- ask your karni/jcr reps when it is- theres a cave down by the lake on campus, and theres a pretty cool all night rave in the first term there, the uni and the police ssay its both in each other's juristiction, so no-one comes and shuts it down

Stealth next to rock city can be OK, quite mainstream though- they get some good groups in- pendulum etc..

Firefly at the marcus garvey ballroom is a notts uni institution- good times to be had! It should be monthly, about a 15 minute walk from campus. epic nights.

And then, if you get really freindly with some 2nd/3rd years, we might take you some warehouse raves- inevitably busted by the police, always a giggle, full of 'very happy' people

el Blanch
    yep the warehouse raves are def my thing... and i'm no fresher, i'm an older, more experienced post-grad and well into the underground scene, though not in England

now.. all we need to do is get 'very friendly' with 3rd years... i'll be smiling till my face hurts :p:

ReputationRep:
    ur guide to clubbin :

monday - oceana
    tuesday - oceana trent
    wed - isis or kudos for pure bhangra and rnb
    thursday - media or mode - mode better nice trent girls
    friday - faces the best i think the atmosphere, the music is amazing drinks r bare cheap
    saturday - trent su - quite good

and sunday chill

ReputationRep:
    Let's not forget Ocean - Tuesdays and Fridays - great if you're hammered!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ther r in r&B)
    ur guide to clubbin :

monday - oceana
    tuesday - oceana trent
    wed - isis or kudos for pure bhangra and rnb
    thursday - media or mode - mode better nice trent girls
    friday - faces the best i think the atmosphere, the music is amazing drinks r bare cheap
    saturday - trent su - quite good

and sunday chill
    if you like RnB

Good week line up:

monday- has to has to has to be oceana
    tuesday- ditto oceana trent for some easy pulling action/ kudos rock night
    wednesday- big notts night is changing to media from isis, but the cookie club will always reign supreme for indie alternative
    thursday- ladies night at the happy return- go in drag, £5 all you can drink, followed by rock city- big venue, loads of different music
    friday- pound a pint friday club at the ark/mooch/the venue, then ocean for DJ andy and some baywatch
    saturday- has to be a rag raid, followed by karni cocktail, followed by a very hazy night at the SU in fancy dress, where it's socially acceptable to be ****faced by 7:30!

sunday- sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quited used to London's nightlife, so am a bit unsure about whether or not I'll like Nottingham's..hope I do! Do the main clubs (Oceana, Media, etc) play cheesy music or RnB/Hiphop and House? I'm more into the House&Hiphop scene...
    I hope some people will be up for trips to London to go clubbing!!!

ReputationRep:
    Answering a few of the questions...

yep Firefly, Stealth vs. Rescue Rooms, and Detonate are the three biggest mainstream DnB/rave/combination of both nights in Nottingham. Detonate and Firefly are once a month, Stealth vs RR is weekly (Stealth runs other nights, never been to any cept Sat night S vs RR). If you're in hall, you shouldn't find likeminded people. But don't exclude yourself from cheese to start of with! You're only a fresher once, don't be so damn cynical!

Here's my lowdown for mainstream nightlife 06/07 @ Willoughby Hall (the conventions vary from hall to hall).
    Monday = Oceana. Main room = mixture; dance, cheese, RnB, indie. Disco room (downstairs) = cheese, think ABBA. RnB in First Port, other bars play mixture, I never spent enough time in these to tell.
    Tuesday = generally stay in. Options are Ocean (cheeeese) or Oceana Trent (pulling lol tbh)
    Wednesday = Isis (half way between cheese of Ocean and Oceana)/Cookie Club (Indy)
    Thursday = Kudos (unfortunately now closed down - £1 a drink. Top stuff consequently). Other halls generally Media (RnB based cheese/RnB room
    Friday = Ocean Ocean Ocean (Cheese mainly)
    Sat = generally stay in/Stealth vs. Rescue Rooms/Trent SU (very occassionally)
    Sunday = I never went out I don't think. Pizza from Dino's to compensate for infamous Sunday Night 5pm roast :P

It's changing a bit - Media's being converted into a Gatecrasher, Kudos is being closed down, Isis is no longer in favour with the SU or Athletic's Union (Gatecrasher's apparently the new AU night, was Isis this year)

You guys are so bloody lucky to get this stuff, I'd give my right ear to be able to experience fresher's year again. So many cool people etc.

ReputationRep:
    What?! No RnB or House clubs?!?!?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What about 'gatecrasherlovesnottingham'... anyone interested in that? sounds like it will have a good line-up of international djs on fridays, but i think drink prices might be a bit expensive! anyone signed up for a membership yet?

ReputationRep:
    so wot do u guys think of the night life to date?? i've raved in the cave, and going to my second detonate on wednesday... life is good, tho haven't found out about warehouse raves yet.. any info??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blanch777)
    an underground rave scene
    Now thats what I like to hear! Its so difficult to get that kind of information at an open day or meeting with an admissions tutor, haha!

ReputationRep:
    Ocean(a), Isis, Media etc, are ****e in my opinion.
    Rock City on thursday can be fun, but better music for Distortion on saturdays. Cookie Club on Wednesdays. Rescue Rooms are ok as well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 13, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.