Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Celebs who said they were going to take in a refugee family (left wing hypocrisy) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    I'm not to spend ages getting it from each one, but here are a couple:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...yrian-refugees

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...fugees-welcome

I know you're going to say that they only 'offered', but the truth is that if you really want to take in a family, you can.
    Exactly, she said she would be "absolutely happy" to take in a refugee, not that they are going to take in a refugee - as I specified.

Therefore, your criticism of them not doing so is meaningless, hollow and a waste of time.

Goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    Our countries are already filled up with Muslims, stop blaming your petty problems on a foreign religion.
    And if we had even more, our countries would become pretty crappy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    And if we had even more, our countries would become pretty crappy.
    There are so many non-Islamic things which makes the UK 'crappy', but you focus on the foreign ones? Lmfao, you're a bigot who likes to scapegoat our problems onto foreigners.

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprised Lily Allen isn't on the list.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many non-Islamic things which makes the UK 'crappy', but you focus on the foreign ones? Lmfao, you're a bigot who likes to scapegoat our problems onto foreigners.
    Name them then. Our traditional, conservative, British society is being ruined by these savage foreigners who lack any kind of morals or respect for the people who have taken them in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I'm suprised Lily Allen isn't on the list.
    She gives like 10 pairs of jeans a month to a refugee charity

ReputationRep:
    The topic was about he advantages of globalisation though, so I was talking about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevey396)
    Name them then. Our traditional, conservative, British society is being ruined by these savage foreigners who lack any kind of morals or respect for the people who have taken them in.
    Precisely. Why was there basically media silence on the gang rape of 14 year old girl in a Newcastle park? Usually crimes so heinous and brutal are always on the news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    The topic was about he advantages of globalisation though, so I was talking about that.
    So? Why do you scapegoat our problems on Islam when clearly our own government and many other domestic entities make our country 'crappy'?

ReputationRep:
    So? Why do you scapegoat our problems on Islam when clearly our own government and many other domestic entities make our country 'crappy'?
    Our country is not crappy at all. It's self-hating lefties like you who make it out to be. The truth is, if you are born in Britain you will live a life that is FANTASTIC compared to 95% of the world's population.

We are a brilliant country, and started the greatest civilization ever known.

ReputationRep:
    Wait.. you're saying that a "conservative" society is a good thing? :rofl:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Precisely. Why was there basically media silence on the gang rape of 14 year old girl in a Newcastle park? Usually crimes so heinous and brutal are always on the news.
    No they aren't. People get attacked, assaulted and killed all the time. It only becomes newsworthy when someone has an agenda to push.

ReputationRep:
    Our country is not crappy at all. It's self-hating lefties like you who make it out to be. The truth is, if you are born in Britain you will live a life that is FANTASTIC compared to 95% of the world's population.

We are a brilliant country, and started the greatest civilization ever known.
    LOL nowhere did the people you listed say they were going to take in refugees.

What makes our country crappy is people like you who attack the left-wing for problems that they aren't accountable for.

And we are hardly the greatest civilisation, we lost control of our empire, we left the EU, we started a war in Iraq, and so many other things - perhaps we were about 500 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    You mean the society of backstabbing politicians and Eton public school boys who have wrecked our economy for some behind-the-scenes political game? Yeah, 'traditional and conservative' my ass. Our problems are not the fault of a tiny number of immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    No they aren't. People get attacked, assaulted and killed all the time. It only becomes newsworthy when someone has an agenda to push.
    So you're saying Rotherham was only newsworthy because there was an agenda to push? Disgusting.

LOL nowhere did the people you listed say they were going to take in refugees.

What makes our country crappy is people like you who attack the left-wing for problems that they aren't accountable for.

And we are hardly the greatest civilisation, we lost control of our empire, we left the EU, we started a war in Iraq, and so many other things - perhaps we were about 500 years ago.
    Name a better country and why

ReputationRep:
    So you're saying Rotherham was only newsworthy because there was an agenda to push? Disgusting.

Name a better country and why
    define 'better', because I will say a country and you will no doubt twist my words and make up some BS excuse about how it isn't the case.

ReputationRep:
    define 'better', because I will say a country and you will no doubt twist my words and make up some BS excuse about how it isn't the case.
    Is there a country you would have preferred to be born in?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Rothererham was hardly an everyday occurrence, you're twisting my words there.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a country you would have preferred to be born in?
    That does not equate to a 'greater' country.

We have good living standards, and it is a good place to live - but our 'greatness' isn't solely defined by those things, in terms of politics and foreign policy, we have a fairly tragic history in recent years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Rothererham was hardly an everyday occurrence, you're twisting my words there.
    Well the crimes were an everyday occurrence, they were just revealed all at once.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.