Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dad "beats" mum and asks her to pay for stuff AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    Are you ok?
    Most certainly
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    There's a thing called divorce. I'd kick his arse from here till kingdom come.
    Yup but that's difficult due to the circumstances, in any case it's happening, but what happens after?
    (Original post by Saylo66)
    So basically he does what most wives do?
    no he verbally "beats" her first then asks her to buy stuff for him.

Just like if i was to stab you then ask you to buy me some pepper spray or something

ReputationRep:
    Your mom should take a legal divorce. Or move away for a while until he realises how loney and *****y he will feel without you guys. Because that would solve a lot of problems and would leave you guys at peace xx stay strong hun X keep fighting and never lose hope ♥ love goes out to you and your mom for staying strong ♥♥

Just remember to always support your mom and to always be there for her because she needs you and you are very special to her. X

Most dad's are just eh. So chin up and stay strong xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habina786xx)
    Your mom should take a legal divorce. Or move away for a while until he realises how loney and *****y he will feel without you guys. Because that would solve a lot of problems and would leave you guys at peace xx stay strong hun X keep fighting and never lose hope ♥ love goes out to you and your mom for staying strong ♥♥

Just remember to always support your mom and to always be there for her because she needs you and you are very special to her. X

Most dad's are just eh. So chin up and stay strong xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gosh do ppl not read the wall of text? -.-' (i don't blame you xD)
    Yup slowly we're getting a divorce i think we just need to wait for the papers to come up and for him to sign them...
    Haha he doesn't care, he'll just sleep around. That's his problem and also there's no where for me to stay.
    Always support my mum, for all she's done for me, there's no way i couldn't pay her back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timebent)
    really? If my mum pays to go to court and manages to win x amount of money which should be paid by my dad he won't pay it because he has like no money, so it's essentially wasted money going to court with him.
    It will give her back her legal rights over her property and stop him having any claim over the rest of her income though, so she'll have her financial freedom. Some solicitors will do a free half hour initial consultation, so it can't hurt for her to at least make enquiries about what might be possible.

Emotionally, however... it sounds like she's still struggling to break away mentally even if she has physically. Tell her to look up the Freedom Programme which helps women get away from abusive relationships (emotional as well as physical).

ReputationRep:
    They don't know what they're talking about, i'd rather live(i a general sense) without my mother rather than be in a complete **** hole in tons of debt and unable to pay for anything but just food.

It's not about what condition your in, it's about how far you've fallen and boy have my "family" fallen so far from where we were before.

I could but my dad refuses to give money to my mum to get her a house so the kids can live with her.There are many more problems surrounding that which i can say if you want to know. Living in the UK. Try to be different? Like in what sense? My dad's told me off before for not doing some of the ridiculous things he wants me to do such as cool down the house on a hot day by spraying the house with cold water using a hose or wash the driveway by using a hose to get out all the loose stones and leaves then clean it up.(done both of those before and it was a a waste of time.
    Not bad? That's what he should be doing, i'm sure most people below the age of 18 who live at home don't cook dinner for the family, it's not that i can't but i'd rather spend my time more usefully ding some more learning. You don't talk with him, he tells you what to do. Not supportive, he just tries his best to make my mum look like the bad person in all this when in fact he's the one who go us into the **** in the first place. First step is hopefully i can somehow get a part time job while i'm at uni, get some support from my mum and live of those and my maintenance loan. But there are too many if's. The current problem is my dad being a knob trying to still control my mum and trying to get all the money and women he can.
    Your dad's method gor cleaning the house is lol... i suppose you cant reason with him either.. when my parents divorced both of them wanted to make the other look evil and i still dont understand why some parents are this selfish. .. They should want the best for their children which is clearly not what your dad is doing. By being different i mean be reasonable in life and if you want to have children dont make the same mistakes. I dont wanna have children and its partially because of my shite childhood.
    Can you get some bursary at uni as well? Quite a lot of students are self sustaining so probably you'll be able to manage. Uni life could be easier outside london financially. Are your grades good? Some unis give money based on performance. The only way out of this is to escape and build up your own life; currently you can't really help your mum other than with nice words.
    I still can't get over the spraying the house with cold water lol...sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    It will give her back her legal rights over her property and stop him having any claim over the rest of her income though, so she'll have her financial freedom. Some solicitors will do a free half hour initial consultation, so it can't hurt for her to at least make enquiries about what might be possible.

Emotionally, however... it sounds like she's still struggling to break away mentally even if she has physically. Tell her to look up the Freedom Programme which helps women get away from abusive relationships (emotional as well as physical).
    Well i think today my mum just told me they went together to try and settle the finances but i'm not sure how it's gone. Thing is though he doesn't care, the house is in both parents name, so if the house is sold, they both get half. My dad doesn't like it and wants all the money for himself, he says he's been trying to sell the house, for a few years but he only started like 10 months ago -.-'

If you're talking about stuff like counselling then she's gone to that and i most certainly think she's a happier person now she's not tied to him by marriage anymore.

(Original post by lawlieto)
    Your dad's method gor cleaning the house is lol... i suppose you cant reason with him either.. when my parents divorced both of them wanted to make the other look evil and i still dont understand why some parents are this selfish. .. They should want the best for their children which is clearly not what your dad is doing. By being different i mean be reasonable in life and if you want to have children dont make the same mistakes. I dont wanna have children and its partially because of my shite childhood.
    Can you get some bursary at uni as well? Quite a lot of students are self sustaining so probably you'll be able to manage. Uni life could be easier outside london financially. Are your grades good? Some unis give money based on performance. The only way out of this is to escape and build up your own life; currently you can't really help your mum other than with nice words.
    I still can't get over the spraying the house with cold water lol...sorry
    I would never. Too much effort and money.
    Hopefully i'm able to get one.
    It will be, i'm not looking to go anywhere near london.
    Not really looking at an AAD for predicated grades possibly an AAC
    Yea ikr, if he wants it so much why tf doesn't he go an do it -.-'

ReputationRep:
    Well i think today my mum just told me they went together to try and settle the finances but i'm not sure how it's gone. Thing is though he doesn't care, the house is in both parents name, so if the house is sold, they both get half. My dad doesn't like it and wants all the money for himself, he says he's been trying to sell the house, for a few years but he only started like 10 months ago -.-'

If you're talking about stuff like counselling then she's gone to that and i most certainly think she's a happier person now she's not tied to him by marriage anymore.

I would never. Too much effort and money.
    Hopefully i'm able to get one.
    It will be, i'm not looking to go anywhere near london.
    Not really looking at an AAD for predicated grades possibly an AAC
    Yea ikr, if he wants it so much why tf doesn't he go an do it -.-'
    AAD is not that terrible, what subject is the D/C? Generally speaking your future could be brighter with a better uni. Prestigious unis often have more money ie they can give you more bursary. One of the things that helped my get through a *****y family was studying and building my own future.
    I can help you with your studies especially if your week subject is one of my subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Got bored halfway through the post

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Why does daddy hit mummy, why does he make her cry?
    I didn't mean to rep you but enjoy your rep anyway.

ReputationRep:
    AAD is not that terrible, what subject is the D/C? Generally speaking your future could be brighter with a better uni. Prestigious unis often have more money ie they can give you more bursary. One of the things that helped my get through a *****y family was studying and building my own future.
    I can help you with your studies especially if your week subject is one of my subjects.
    it is
    who tf would accept me with that? not any good respected uni i know
    so it's chemistry do you do chem?
    (Original post by BARS)
    Got bored halfway through the post

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oOooo but YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO SAY THIS TO ME?
    lol jokes it's ok, you get bored sometimes when reading walls like those...
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    I didn't mean to rep you but enjoy your rep anyway.
    really was a basic mistake eh?

ReputationRep:
    it is

oOooo but YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO SAY THIS TO ME?
    lol jokes it's ok, you get bored sometimes when reading walls like those...

really was a basic mistake eh?
    I have an offer from Oxford for chemistry, so probably i'll be able to help... I'll send you a PM

ReputationRep:
    it is
    I can't PM you so i'll answer here, I hope you'll see my answer.
    Use chemguide http://chemguide.co.uk/ to learn chemistry, it's really good and explains everything quite well. First of all believe that you can do this and pull up your AS grade to a B at least. Mention in your PS that you had extenuating circumstances due to family issues (this should make unis more lenient when giving you an offer) and ask your tutor to mention it as well in your reference. Tell him/her you don't want to go into details but it made your exams period worse. Try to convince your chem teacher to predict a B. Relearn your AS stuff from chemguide so that you can do well in A2, and if you do well in internal tests you will be predicted a B.
    Print off the syllabus and go through past mark schemes: teachers often teach useless things and fail to teach something which is on the syllabus. Do not learn extras, it's not needed. Know that's on the specification.
    I'm sure chemguide will help you, but if you have difficulties undesrtanding concepts, you can contact me somehow.
    Quite a lot of people get A in chemistry even though they don't like it, the most important thing is that believe in yourself that you can do this.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Oxford for chemistry, so probably i'll be able to help... I'll send you a PM
    awesome
    I can't PM you so i'll answer here, I hope you'll see my answer.
    Use chemguide http://chemguide.co.uk/ to learn chemistry, it's really good and explains everything quite well. First of all believe that you can do this and pull up your AS grade to a B at least. Mention in your PS that you had extenuating circumstances due to family issues (this should make unis more lenient when giving you an offer) and ask your tutor to mention it as well in your reference. Tell him/her you don't want to go into details but it made your exams period worse. Try to convince your chem teacher to predict a B. Relearn your AS stuff from chemguide so that you can do well in A2, and if you do well in internal tests you will be predicted a B.
    Print off the syllabus and go through past mark schemes: teachers often teach useless things and fail to teach something which is on the syllabus. Do not learn extras, it's not needed. Know that's on the specification.
    I'm sure chemguide will help you, but if you have difficulties undesrtanding concepts, you can contact me somehow.
    Quite a lot of people get A in chemistry even though they don't like it, the most important thing is that believe in yourself that you can do this.
    Ok the problem with the new spec isn't the knowledge
    the problem is the kinds of maths questions they give because i can't answer them.
    The new spec is actual bs, they cram all the knowledge you're supposed to lean in a 25 mark multiple choice and all the stuff that's ridiculously obscure they ask questions on and the maths is ridiculous, you generally kill yourself over it.

So knowledge isn't a problem i can spit out the equations for things like breaking down of the ozone layer and free radical substitution. The maths is the real problem here because it's never been given before and the piece of **** specimen papers r like 80% theory. I swear there's nothing i can do to practise this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinderbar)
    awesome

Ok the problem with the new spec isn't the knowledge
    the problem is the kinds of maths questions they give because i can't answer them.
    The new spec is actual bs, they cram all the knowledge you're supposed to lean in a 25 mark multiple choice and all the stuff that's ridiculously obscure they ask questions on and the maths is ridiculous, you generally kill yourself over it.

So knowledge isn't a problem i can spit out the equations for things like breaking down of the ozone layer and free radical substitution. The maths is the real problem here because it's never been given before and the piece of **** specimen papers r like 80% theory. I swear there's nothing i can do to practise this
    I did OCR chemistry and the maths was ridiculous in it. Which exam board are you doing? Can you show me a specific question and identify where you get stuck? A level chemistry questions are quite repetitive, so if you learn the method once, probably you'll be able to do it again. (you only have to understand it once )

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.