Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your EPL Table Predication for 2016/17? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Well until Mahrez signs a new contract, I'm going to assume he's leaving.
    He won't sign a new contract, given that his current one has three more years on and it acts as leverage. Plenty of people have been predicting Leicester to finish mid table, even if Mahrez stays.

Spurs have a bigger squad and which is younger. Kane has had 2 strong seasons of scoring. Spurs going from 6th to 2nd in the last couple of seasons shows more consistency and so people think they are less likely to drop as far.
    Is Spurs' squad that much bigger? They literally don't have a striker to replace Kane. Added to that, if a midfielder gets injured they have to play also rand like Mason.

I think Leicester have been consistent for long enough, they've been excellent for 13 months.

It's not just extra CL games, it's playing a huge high profile game mid-week and then playing again at the weekend. Spurs for a long time have struggled with European midweek and then usually a poor result the following weekend for example.
    In the Redknapp years, they were able to compete in the CL and do decently in the league. Even in the knockouts they beat Man City away the week before they knocked out Fiorentina. It was only after when Poch decided to play reserves vs Dortmund because COLOSSAL matches like Aston Villa (A) and Bournemouth (H) were upcoming.

There's no guarantee Leicester even get to play the "big" teams next year either.

Next season will be more extreme and everyone will have spent more time trying to suss them out. I don't think Leicester will always be losing next season but more 1-0s will become 1-1s for example which drops them down the table.
    Teams have had enough time to suss out Leicester, if they can't now, they won't. Even then Leicester's strategy at the end of the season was LITERALLY the same as Chelsea's at the same point the previous season. They just put men behind the ball to grind out a clean sheet and relied on Hazard/Mahrez to turn one point into three.

The big thing I'm not getting is that people are predicting Leicester to drop THIRTY points, despite having the same squad. Unless there's a total collapse, I don't see it happening. Other than Blackburn in 95/96 and Chelsea 20 years later there are literally no examples of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    City looked a lot better than Utd did against Dortmund. Diego Costa will be sucking my **** by the end of the season, enjoy a *** in mouth.
    You haven't countered anything I've said in two posts. lol accept you're an idiot.

My point was that it's stupid to say one side are guaranteed to win the league when you have no idea who's going to be turning up for the side come August. Given the Dortmund game, it's clear that Pep doesn't even know his best side.

ReputationRep:
    1.United
    2.City
    3.Chelsea
    4.Liverpool
    5.Arsenal
    6.Spurs
    7.West Ham
    8. Everton
    9.Southampton
    10.Leicester
    11.Stoke
    12.Swansea
    13. WBA
    14. Bournemouth
    15.Crystal Palace
    16. Middlesborough
    17.Watford
    18. Sunderland
    19.Hull
    20.Burnley

ReputationRep:
    1. Manchester United
    2. Chelsea
    3. Tottenham
    4. Manchester City
    5. Arsenal
    6. Liverpool
    7. Leicester City
    8. West Ham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    He won't sign a new contract, given that his current one has three more years on and it acts as leverage. Plenty of people have been predicting Leicester to finish mid table, even if Mahrez stays.

Is Spurs' squad that much bigger? They literally don't have a striker to replace Kane. Added to that, if a midfielder gets injured they have to play also rand like Mason.

I think Leicester have been consistent for long enough, they've been excellent for 13 months.

In the Redknapp years, they were able to compete in the CL and do decently in the league. Even in the knockouts they beat Man City away the week before they knocked out Fiorentina. It was only after when Poch decided to play reserves vs Dortmund because COLOSSAL matches like Aston Villa (A) and Bournemouth (H) were upcoming.

There's no guarantee Leicester even get to play the "big" teams next year either.

Teams have had enough time to suss out Leicester, if they can't now, they won't. Even then Leicester's strategy at the end of the season was LITERALLY the same as Chelsea's at the same point the previous season. They just put men behind the ball to grind out a clean sheet and relied on Hazard/Mahrez to turn one point into three.

The big thing I'm not getting is that people are predicting Leicester to drop THIRTY points, despite having the same squad. Unless there's a total collapse, I don't see it happening. Other than Blackburn in 95/96 and Chelsea 20 years later there are literally no examples of it.
    Even with 3 years left, Mahrez is reportedly on 55k a week so he could get a big increase + play for a club with better players. Players force a move for less reasons..

Spurs signed Vincent Janssen (who scored 31 goals in a **** Dutch league) presumably to be backup to Kane.

Leicester's first part of that run was in that relegation battle. First half of last season everyone thought they would still struggle so treated them like relegation battlers and it was only post-Xmas when people started trying to figure them out.

Spurs have had a reputation for years of not being able to cope with PL/EL. I can't be bothered to try and dig out the stats now but it was regularly commented on.

Leicester will be pot 1 so perhaps they won't. Some strong pot 3 clubs in recent years though.

Equally I don't think many clubs have managed a 40 point increase between two seasons (14/15 and 15/16) so it's not wild to suggest they will be lower.

Personally I think they will finish mid-table with around 55 points.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ all the delsional united fans thinking they're going to win the league. Cant wait to come back at the end of the season when you've finished third.

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. United
    4. Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Lol @ all the delsional united fans thinking they're going to win the league. Cant wait to come back at the end of the season when you've finished third.

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. United
    4. Arsenal
    That pillock who described City as 'utter mongs' and Arsenal to be 'lucky to finish 5th' this season. Fan of nobody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    That pillock who described City as 'utter mongs' and Arsenal to be 'lucky to finish 5th' this season. Fan of nobody.
    Do you actually have a point to make?

Waste of space.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    1. Man Utd
    2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Liverpool
    5. Arsenal
    6. Tottenham
    7. Everton
    8. Southampton
    9. Leicester
    10. Stoke
    11. West Ham
    12. Swansea
    13. Sunderland
    14. Middlesbrough
    15. Bournemouth
    16. West Brom
    17. Crystal Palace
    18. Burnley
    19. Watford
    20. Hull

ReputationRep:

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. United
    4. Arsenal
    The bant that you think you'll finish first in Pep's first season in a hard league where he's been given a team of champions all of his life. Inter beat Barca in 2010 and look at the differences in the team. Can't wait for Jose to expose baldy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    The bant that you think you'll finish first in Pep's first season in a hard league where he's been given a team of champions all of his life. Inter beat Barca in 2010 and look at the differences in the team. Can't wait for Jose to expose baldy.
    Can you really compare a 38 league season to 1 cup game (two-legged)?

There's a reason Guardiola has been so sought after throughout his managerial career.

ReputationRep:
    Can you really compare a 38 league season to 1 cup game (two-legged)?

There's a reason Guardiola has been so sought after throughout his managerial career.
    The 38 league season that Jose has won three times?

ReputationRep:
    The 38 league season that Jose has won three times?
    Way to go off a tangent from your original point. End of the day Guardiola still has 6 league titles too so it's not like he's a rookie who doesn't know how to do anything..

ReputationRep:
    Way to go off a tangent from your original point. End of the day Guardiola still has 6 league titles too so it's not like he's a rookie who doesn't know how to do anything..
    He's won the the German league a couple of times with one of the best teams in Europe, he didn't win the UCL though did he? I bet my entire life he won't win the league in his first attempt.

ReputationRep:
    He's won the the German league a couple of times with one of the best teams in Europe, he didn't win the UCL though did he? I bet my entire life he won't win the league in his first attempt.
    Won it three times*
    Well there's only one team who can win the CL. Still has those 2 CL wins with Barcelona.

I don't expect Man City to win the title next season either but I think Man City will finish above Man Utd.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise the Barca team he took over finished third the season before around 20 points behind Madrid. How exactly were they champions?

That fraud Jose will be lucky if pep doesnt spank him 5-0 again

ReputationRep:
    Champions League
    1 - Chelsea
    2 - City
    3 - United
    4 - Arsenal

Europa League
    5 - Liverpool
    6 - Everton
    7 - Spurs

Mid Table
    8 - West Ham
    9 - Leicester
    10 - Southampton
    11 - Stoke
    12 - Middlesbrough
    13 - Sunderland

Relegation Battle
    14 - Watford
    15 - West Brom
    16 - Swansea City
    17 - Crystal Palace

Relegation
    18 - Bournemouth
    19 - Burnley
    20 - Hull City
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1. Arsenal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1. Man Utd
    2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham
    6. Liverpool
    7. West Ham
    9. Leicester
    10. Crystal Palace
    11. Everton
    12. Southampton
    13. Stoke City
    14. Middlesborough

ReputationRep:
    Retard alert.

You do realise the Barca team he took over finished third the season before around 20 points behind Madrid. How exactly were they champions?

That fraud Jose will be lucky if pep doesnt spank him 5-0 again
    Do you honestly think Pep will finish above Jose in his first season in the PL? Pep couldn't win the UCL with that Inter side or that Porto side and you know it. Luis Enrique beat Pep's Bayern side 3-0 so how do you think he'll do against an experienced PL winner like Jose when it comes to the derby?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.