Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you do.

ReputationRep:
    I am to burn 1000-1300 cardio per session and then do light weights too.

ReputationRep:
    I used to burn about 700 calories PER DAY on the treadmill doing fast walking (I can't run because I can't take my hands off the rails due to balance problems). However, I never used to lose any weight because I used to reward myself with a few cans of Coke and a nice big lunch when I got home.

ReputationRep:
    Tufts and Becky, how do you manage to burn so much? On a good day I manage 400 cals, on a very good (and rare) day 500, and on an average day only 250 - 300. I usually spread this across the cross-trainer and rowing machine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_alba)
    Tufts and Becky, how do you manage to burn so much? On a good day I manage 400 cals, on a very good (and rare) day 500, and on an average day only 250 - 300. I usually spread this across the cross-trainer and rowing machine.
    I normally do around 400 on the treadmill and two sets of 300 cals as well as 200 cals on the rowing machine. I don't normally focus on the calories but I normally do a minimum 1000!

ReputationRep:
    400 on the treadmill would take me about 2 hours alone! :eek:

Even when I'm running fast-ish - 10k - the calorie counter thing on the machine is really slow. Maybe because it thinks I'm light? I don't think I'm that light - just short!

You must be exceptionally fit

ReputationRep:
    About 500 doing cardio, but I''l often spend an hour lifting weights afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    I would say about 600 calories.

ReputationRep:
    About 350 cals in 35 mins of cardio (cross trainer, bike, rower usually).

ReputationRep:
    Jeez Louise, I do about 600 per hour, and an hour is normally all I can manage x

ReputationRep:
    Haha, oh man.. I've only been managing about 300 at the most. And i come home aching

ReputationRep:
    i joined tha gym for tha furst time today.
    it was funnnn

and my instructor was hahhhtt:P

anyway back on topic today i buned about 300 i guess
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Usually 700 at least

ReputationRep:
    OMG howw do u guys burn so many cals:eek:
    i burn about 350 per hr, & thats on a good day
    i think its cuz i hate the running machine tho, which seems to burn off the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sassy0x)
    OMG howw do u guys burn so many cals:eek:
    i burn about 350 per hr, & thats on a good day
    i think its cuz i hate the running machine tho, which seems to burn off the most
    I think, if you're 'big', you burn more calories.

Like if I did the same as I do, but was 9 stone, I wouldn't burn as much!

But then, 20 minutes on the cross trainer burns 200 calories for me...and the cross trainer doesn't know what I weigh :ninja: it just tells me the calories I've lost :s:

ReputationRep:
    500 ish and I go every day, steadily trying to raise that number

ReputationRep:
    I burned 400 cals at the gym yesterday..running for 20 mins on treadmill=200 cals, 5 mins of HIIT= 50 cals, 15 mins on cross trainer = 140 cals, power walking = 30 cals (to make it to 400!) but I also walked 4 miles (no idea how many cals) I weigh about 9st 5lbs, dunno if that would make SUCH a big difference. I also do weights, crunches etc for half an hour..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    I burned 400 cals at the gym yesterday..running for 20 mins on treadmill=200 cals, 5 mins of HIIT= 50 cals, 15 mins on cross trainer = 140 cals, power walking = 30 cals (to make it to 400!) but I also walked 4 miles (no idea how many cals) I weigh about 9st 5lbs, dunno if that would make SUCH a big difference. I also do weights, crunches etc for half an hour..
    you burn and weigh about the same as me on a normal day

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.