Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if Acer laptops are any good, they seem quite good value for money, but i don't know wheather they will be reliable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrjoe)
    Anyone know if Acer laptops are any good, they seem quite good value for money, but i don't know wheather they will be reliable?
    I was looking at Acer a few weeks ago and I thought they looked pretty good. The Acer Lambourgine looked really interesting but I couldn't find a price for it.

ReputationRep:
    I just bought a Tiny laptop from www.tiny.com, i got 1024MB RAM, 40GB hard drive, wireless, 64MB graphics, free all-in-one printer, photocopier and scanner, free carry case, free external USB keyboard & Mouse, for £799.00. If you don't want all the free stuff you can get 1024MB RAM and 60GB hard drive for the same price.

I hope it works though! Anyone know if Tiny laptops are good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    I just bought a Tiny laptop from www.tiny.com, i got 1024MB RAM, 40GB hard drive, wireless, 64MB graphics, free all-in-one printer, photocopier and scanner, free carry case, free external USB keyboard & Mouse, for £799.00. If you don't want all the free stuff you can get 1024MB RAM and 60GB hard drive for the same price.

I hope it works though! Anyone know if Tiny laptops are good?
    I've read a lot how tiny, in general, are rubbish, both in build quality and customer aftercare.

I'm gonna be controversial, buy an apple iBook, they're good value and you can customise it and get educational discount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    I've read a lot how tiny, in general, are rubbish, both in build quality and customer aftercare.

I'm gonna be controversial, buy an apple iBook, they're good value and you can customise it and get educational discount
    good value how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)

Good choice. As long as your prepared for the compatability issues (i.e, much more restricted choice of software and hardware, less chance of compatability with the university network(or, in the future, office network), and less support from those in-the-know if something goes wrong.

Other than the Powerbook is a good option. Fast, reliable, stylish and compact (at least the 12" and 15" versions are). I saw a few today in Dixons in Manchester. The only thing that prevents me from purchasing one is the fact that I'd have to buy Office software again, whereas at the moment I can just (illegally) install my dads Office software. Also, I'm afraid it might not be compatable with the university network.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.