Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How healthy are you? Watch

(Original post by davidguettafan)
    I wish I was like that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know. People say I look gross and I can't wear short sleeves or shorts without strangers in the street expressing 'concern'. It's quite hurtful actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I don't know. People say I look gross and I can't wear short sleeves or shorts without strangers in the street expressing 'concern'. It's quite hurtful actually.
    I think he means he wishes he could eat whatever he wants and still look thin

ReputationRep:
    I exercise a fair amount but my diet is pretty lacking

Exercise- lol I haven't exercised since year 11 mate.

Diet- living on sugar.

I don't know how I'm not fat. I don't have the largest appetite I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaju123)
    Im vegetarian since February. 183cm tall,weigh 95kg and am around 10-11℅ bodyfat. Gym 5 times a week,including running, rowing, and lifting of course. About 3 hours per session. Bench 160kg, squat 180kg, front squat 160kg, and dead 200kg. Running is slow though because im soheavy. Bonus pic:
    That's extremely impressive, especially given your dietary restriction.

ReputationRep:
    Probably very unhealthy, I barely exercise at all and don't eat well either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaju123)
    Im vegetarian since February. 183cm tall,weigh 95kg and am around 10-11℅ bodyfat. Gym 5 times a week,including running, rowing, and lifting of course. About 3 hours per session. Bench 160kg, squat 180kg, front squat 160kg, and dead 200kg. Running is slow though because im soheavy. Bonus pic:
    Dammmmmmmn Daniel, back at it again with the back thickness. How long you been lifting for?

How often do you do cardio? Do you use cardio as a tool to help you stay in a deficit or you just generally enjoy it I.e rowing/running etc for university societies?

3 hours/session :shock: WTH u do for 3 hours? :lol:
    I spend 1h 40-2 hours tops = 10 mins foam rolling/stretching, 1h 20-30 mins lifting depends upon if its packed & 15 mins abs.

Impressive lifts defo miring the front squat though I would have thought your back squat would be a tiny bit higher but still 400lb mark. :laugh: Defo makes sense. Any lifting goals or? What do u train for I.e sports or physique etc?

I want to pull 600lb/272kg conventional deadlift sometime in the future.. I'm stuck at 135kg x5 reps atm tho close to 3 plates @140kg for reps.

25 FFMI :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    I'm the exact opposite of healthy. Even though I walk to college the last time I properly exercised was in year 11 and my diet is meh. I just don't have the motivation to be heathy

ReputationRep:
    I jog one hour every two days most of the time so it's okay and try to eat less candied things ahahahaah but THAT IS REALLY HARD DDDD
    Otherwise I don't eat any meet so fish vegetables or rice are my day-to-day food !

ReputationRep:
    A lot better than I used to be.

- I now eat fast food very very rarely, perhaps 2/3 times a monthw whereas before it was about 3/4 times a week.
    - I haven't touched a fizzy drink in nearly 2 months.
    - I now actually eat fruit daily lmao
    - I have started doing http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
    - I've also now started cutting out biscuits cause basically no nutritional value whatsoever.

And it has kinda shown lmao, last time I checked I'd lost 30lbs or so this year so I guess I'm not "healthy" yet but I'm certainly getting there

ReputationRep:
    I don't exercise at all (except for walking to and from sixth form). My diet is average, I don't drink soda but I eat candy a bit too much. I'm not fat though...

ReputationRep:
    Obscenely unhealthy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Diet: Generally healthy, very little processed food. Mostly just meat and veggies and grains with some pulses and beans, don't eat much fruit unless I make a smoothie.

Exercise: Not nearly enough (basically nil outside of walking) working on this and planning to get a lot more active.

BMI: 23.8 as I gained some weight over exams from stress eating (entirely my own fault, I have no excuse), already lost some of it. Planning to get back down to my pre-exam weight within the next couple of months and back down to a BMI of 21.6, already on track to do this. Plan to be less silly with my eating over exams next year as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)

You can buy really nice salad bowls (with different toppings) in Aldi for £1.49....just saying.

Besides it's pretty much always cheaper to make your own food than buy it pre-made.

The whole burger is cheaper than a salad thing i just an excuse people use for why they're unhealthy. If people put some actual effort in it's not expensive to be healthy.

My 2 week lunch and dinner shopping list (snacks excluded as I don't like to pre plan these) is only £36, so around £18 a week. I could get it even lower if I got rid of or reduced meat and added a cheaper protein alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Diet; I'm vegetarian & have also made an effort to cut down on dairy products so most of my meals are fairly healthy. Don't really drink that much alcohol either. I eat too much sugar & probably drink too much caffeine though.
    Exercise; I go running a few times a week but am aiming to do more & a wider range of exercise.*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.