The Student Room Group

Is it wise to fully trust the German police?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ravenous
There's no evidence he's a Muslim. In fact he deliberately targeted Muslim Turks and Arabs in his shooting.

He's named after Mohammed's cousin and son in law, the fourth Caliph.

You know the one who was murdered by a fellow Muslim with a blow from a poisoned sword, as he lay prostrate at prayer, in a mosque.

That guy.

(As an aside, for the religion of peace they HAVE been pretty murderously violent right from the start, have they not?).
(edited 7 years ago)
Isnt that for the German people to decide and not someone in the UK?
Original post by Ravenous
There's no evidence he's a Muslim. In fact he deliberately targeted Muslim Turks and Arabs in his shooting.

As a further aside, the fact that he, a Shi'ite murdered Sunni Muslims is in anything evidence of a religious motive, rather than its absence.

You do know that Sunnis and Shi'ites are murdering each other all over the middle east, right?
Original post by KingBradly
You are so desperate for the perpetrator to be far-right that you'll fully believe a police force that only a few months ago tried to keep secret masses of sex assaults in the street. The fact that thousands of women were involved, making it an incredibly difficult thing to keep secret, shows just how far they are prepared to go to try and maintain their narrative. It's however implausible to you that they would twist the truth about something which only they and his family are privy to: his room. You're willing to fully believe them when they say that a Iranian kid named Ali idolizes a white supremicist who would have wanted him and his family killed.

Feeble.

I'm replying to the bolded text.

It doesn't look like there was any political motive behind the attack. From footage of someone shouting at him whilst on a rooftop, he explicitly shouts "I'm German" and that he grew up in a poor area of Munich where mostly immigrants live.

It sounds like, from what I have seen (with no info obtained from the police) that he was bullied because he was stuck in the middle of his two identities. The muslims in his community didn't consider him a 'proper' muslim, and the German people in Munich didn't consider him a 'proper' German. So he unfortunately went mad and shot a lot of people as 'revenge'. It's definitely terrorism, but I feel confident in saying that there's no political or religious motivation behind it.

I'm almost 100% sure it's not related to Islamic terrorism since IS claimed responsibility for an attack in Afghanistan the other day, yet have been totally silent about this.
So pathetic how u try to twist everything to fit your narrative.
What none of the media will report is how he shouted mainly about being born in a Hartz IV estate where you don't get any opportunities. A bit inconvenient for the Merkel government and austerians/benefit slashers/slavedrivers across Europe.

Read about Hartz IV on Wikipedia and ask yourself which other country's punitive benefits system it most uncannily resembles.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by pizzanomics
I'm replying to the bolded text.

It doesn't look like there was any political motive behind the attack. From footage of someone shouting at him whilst on a rooftop, he explicitly shouts "I'm German" and that he grew up in a poor area of Munich where mostly immigrants live.

It sounds like, from what I have seen (with no info obtained from the police) that he was bullied because he was stuck in the middle of his two identities. The muslims in his community didn't consider him a 'proper' muslim, and the German people in Munich didn't consider him a 'proper' German. So he unfortunately went mad and shot a lot of people as 'revenge'. It's definitely terrorism, but I feel confident in saying that there's no political or religious motivation behind it.

I'm almost 100% sure it's not related to Islamic terrorism since IS claimed responsibility for an attack in Afghanistan the other day, yet have been totally silent about this.

I also agree that he almost certainly wasn't linked to IS and I actually think that this wasn't a terrorist act. It seems like an act of revenge. Possibly also he was out to kill Sunnis. But the official story seems like spin to try and deflect attention from his Muslim heritage.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
this is... just embarrassing. you'll trust american police when they're out there killing unarmed black men.. but german police doing their job are suddenly untrustworthy because what they've delivered doesn't fit your agenda?

What "agenda" are they trying to push?
Reply 28
Original post by 999tigger
Isnt that for the German people to decide and not someone in the UK?

Let the police decide if we should trust them or not... Great plan.
I also agree that he almost certainly wasn't linked to IS and I actually think that this wasn't a terrorist act. It seems like an act of revenge. Possibly also he was out to kill Sunnis. But the official story seems like spin to try and deflect attention from his Muslim heritage.

If his Muslim heritage had nothing to do with it then why emphasise it?
Original post by Plagioclase
Again with the whole "I know better than national crime agencies just because what they're saying doesn't suit me" narrative... Don't you see that, with the greatest respect, you sound like a massive conspiracy nutjob?

What narrative is that?
Reply 31
pizzanomics

So multiculturalism is to blame then.
Only one eyewitness said that she heard someone shout Allahu Akbar. That person could be someone who has been shot by the gunman or who is running away from him. Muslims can shout Allahu Akbar in a lot of circumstances.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
So pathetic how u try to twist everything to fit your narrative.

What narrative would that be?
Original post by Crassy
So multiculturalism is to blame then.

Wouldn't multiculturalism mean he would've been better integrated into both societies. The lack of it means two isolated communities he's been rejected from?
Given that we know they are capable of covering up co-ordinated mass sexual assaults in various cities, is it not wise to remain skeptical? Questioning the official narrative can be a sign of wanting to appease one's own narrative, but I think in this instance it's perfectly reasonable. We know they will go to great lengths to cover up huge, mass crimes in-order to keep their narrative intact. Are we really to believe that a boy named Ali Sonboly with Iranian heritage had "obvious links" with a white supremacist like Brevik? The only thing that seems remotely nationalist was the fact that he shouted "I am German", and that was only after being insulted for being a foreigner.

Various tabloids have reported a witness's testimony where the shooter shouted Allahu Ackbar:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1489631/witness-of-munich-attack-claims-gunman-yelled-allahu-akbar-as-he-shot-children-in-mcdonalds-at-citys-olympia-shopping-centre/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3703705/Major-police-investigation-way-shots-fired-shopping-centre-Munich.html

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/munich-germany-gunman-right-wing-foreigners-immigrants-terrorist-identity-shooting-mall-mcdonalds-video-watch-uncensored-photos-i-am-german-racial-slur-name-refugees-migrants-islam-muslim/

The Telegraph also reported it closer to the time but now those reports seem to have gone.

Can we trust these papers, or this single witness? I certainly wouldn't like to wholeheartedly, but then I wouldn't wholeheartedly trust the German authorities just the same.

Who knows what's going on, but I certainly don't trust the official narrative.

Trust them as in dont scrutinise information, no as with anything. Witness testimonys in scenarios like this are often unreliable, contradictory or wrong and need taking with a pinch of salt unless corraborated by many others.

This is not such a devastating incident that the German police would seek to risk covering up imo (Unlike cologne or perhaps if they had an attack similiar to Nice)

I see no evidence to suggest a cover up or conspiracy theory with this attack, infact they would have been far far more likely to be dishonest about the Wurzburg attacker than this one given he was a very recent "Refugee" , clearly wasnt 17 and clearly wasnt a desperate Syrian in need of Germanys aid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Let the police decide if we should trust them or not... Great plan.

Not what I said.

Its for the German people to decide if they trust their own police and not the DM, Sun or someone in the UK.

If you have credible evidence of corruoption then perhaps address it to the German public prosecutors telling them what crimes have been committed.
Someone forgot to take off their tin foil hat..
I'm a vocal critic of American police. Weird ad-hominem pigeonholing from you... Again.

No matter how much you criticise American police, it really is redundant when you condemn the BlackLivesMatter movement
Original post by Atlas Thugged
It's not inconceivable that a Muslim running away from the violence shouted Allahu Akbar.

maybe Mr Sonboly shouted "Alle nachbar" which means "We are all neighbours" ? *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending