Turn on thread page Beta

What are our rights to remain as EU citizens? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    I was born in the UK which was part of the EU therefore I regard myself as an EU citizen born and bred in the EU.
    Looking forward to my rights to freely work and live in mainland Europe without having to give up my UK citizenship, enjoying the workers rights, human rights and EU funded education and training for myself and children. That was the beauty of the EU we had dual citizenship.

However 52% of people mostly old people many of whom have retired voted to leave the EU and rob us young people of our EU citizenship and futures. That's real selfish, they've had their careers now we are left with many of our options and hopes taken away by Brexit. That's really selfish!
    There is no such thing as an EU citizen. The EU is not a state. Your attempt to give the country away failed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by elitepower)
    Not that I know of. Is there any way to change this or extend my rights?
    No, not unless you move to another EU country before we actually leave and are good enough to pass their own citizenship test like people from the rest of the world have to.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Wow, and people wonder why Leave voters are considered rude, small minded racist bigots
    Ummm, because the favourite thing for young leftie liberals to do is accuse their opponents of being bigoted in some way because it blows their little bigoted minds that other people may hold alternative views?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not that I know of. Is there any way to change this or extend my rights?
    None. You have to accept the fact that the country made a choice.

Or, as mentioned, you move to an EU country and become a citizen there.

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it there are the following options:

1) Use family links(if possible) to obtain dual nationality.

2) Move to Scotland and hope that Jimmy Krankie keeps them in the EU.

3) Move to an EU country and apply for citizenship.

4) Start an armed rebellion against Westminster.

5) Do nothing since we'll probably end up staying in the Single Market with free movement anyway.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    2) Move to Scotland and hope that Jimmy Krankie keeps them in the EU.
    Ummm, yeah, short of the UK never leaving the only way Scotland "remains" in the eu is by leaving the UK and then hoping beyond hope that the likes of Spain and Cyprus don't veto about 5 years later when they actually meet the requirements. Regardless, more Scots would rather be out of the EU but in the UK than out of the UK in the EU; and they pick the UK over the Single Market

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.