Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, federer barely looks like he sweats!lol but tennis players play insane amounts each year. and you have to remember they are professionals, the OP, in her own words is crap, so its more likely she'll just play for fun, not move much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1sun)
    i dunno, federer barely looks like he sweats!lol but tennis players play insane amounts each year. and you have to remember they are professionals, the OP, in her own words is crap, so its more likely she'll just play for fun, not move much.
    Tennis is a great sport to start off in I personally think because once you get the basic strokes down you can have a lot of fun. Federer doesn't appear to sweat however you have to remember both him and Nadal are immensely fit and are both at the very top of their game.

Tennis DOES get you moving!!

ReputationRep:
    Rowing, really good workout will greatly improve your cardio, tone your whole body, and really fun!
    I did Kickboxing for a while and it is tiring and hard work, but as someone has already mentioned, it takes lots of patience to get things right, and for me got quite boring quite quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spannerism)
    Tennis is a great sport to start off in I personally think because once you get the basic strokes down you can have a lot of fun. Federer doesn't appear to sweat however you have to remember both him and Nadal are immensely fit and are both at the very top of their game.

Tennis DOES get you moving!!
    yeah but with tennis you NEED natural ability to get anywhere with the game, if you suck, its just not enjoyable, squash on the other hand, anyone can play, and boy is it a workout. i had 3 solid sets today and i was on the floor by the end! for some reason we then played golf and then football!lol.

ReputationRep:
    hang on, the tennis players dont appear to sweat becasue they wipe themselves with towels after nearly every point. Dont you see the ballboys handing them towels all the time?

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeah i know, i was joking! obviously tennis is a workout but i was referring to federer, ive been watching him for years, and he honestly doesnt sweat that much in comparison to other players.

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm going to do squash.. i'm disastrous at tennis so i'll probably just be standing there learning how to receive volleys properly as opposed to running about.

ReputationRep:
    well squash is definately hardcore. I think middle aged businessmen players have like died off playing it.

ReputationRep:
    lol

(Original post by Consie)
    well squash is definitely hardcore. I think middle aged businessmen players have like died off playing it.
    Squash is wicked, the stamina you need is huge. Its a pity I'm ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dementedbunny)
    i think i'm going to do squash.. i'm disastrous at tennis so i'll probably just be standing there learning how to receive volleys properly as opposed to running about.
    good lass. im very much into fitness, and i dont even see squash as a game i play to be fit but a game that i love and get so much kicks out of it. even if i was old and fat i would still play squash,albeit, not very good.

ReputationRep:
    Hey rugger bugger, the hits those Loughbrough fellas gave tht padded up guy were pretty class. The guy who was standing with his back to the camera delivered a brutal tackle man, looked like he'd broke the fella's neck.

They rampaged through him, spear must of knocked him for six especially after the guy in the green seems to have missed the bag and gone straight into the guy. Did you notice the sexy cheerleaders !

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah. They were big fellas too, or at least looked big compared to the padded up guy. Glad ive never been speared. Id rather go in low and risk clashing heads than go in high and risk getting dropped on my head. Somtimes its good training in those full frontal body pads you wear. The training match inevitably becomes like American football becasue everyone begins to think they're indestructable.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.