Social Stigma Of Apprenticeships - Express Your View Watch

brainzistheword
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Donkey******)
The same as college educated assuming the grades were good enough and in relevant subjects, I would assume. I can't see you getting more merit because it's self taught than someone who studied at college. With most bigger companies, you fill in an online application and if you don't meet the grades, you just don't get through.
Yeah, I wouldn't assume any extra credit, I just didn't want them to be looked down upon or anything, even if they are completed over a longer period of time to fit around commitments.
Bittah Demon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Yeah, I wouldn't assume any extra credit, I just didn't want them to be looked down upon or anything, even if they are completed over a longer period of time to fit around commitments.
As long as the grades are good enough, I don't think they'll have any problem with it.
brainzistheword
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Donkey******)
As long as the grades are good enough, I don't think they'll have any problem with it.
That's reassuring then, I will go and look into it. Thanks for all your help
Bittah Demon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
That's reassuring then, I will go and look into it. Thanks for all your help
No worries, feel free to message me if you want any further clarification.
econymous
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Funnily enough, I'm currently in the process of writing an article relating to the importance of work experience and apprenticeships to modern day students. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of anybody on this thread regarding the survey below - helping me establish a student consensus view.

https://goo.gl/forms/C56e579WlxQJQiQA2

Thanks in advance.
brainzistheword
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by econymous)
Funnily enough, I'm currently in the process of writing an article relating to the importance of work experience and apprenticeships to modern day students. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of anybody on this thread regarding the survey below - helping me establish a student consensus view.

https://goo.gl/forms/C56e579WlxQJQiQA2

Thanks in advance.
Look forward to seeing the article - I've just filled out your form
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (529)
80.4%
Leave (129)
19.6%

Watched Threads