Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    "Mayor Carda Seidel confirms that explosion was caused by a device, not a gas leak."
    Jessica Saltz, France24.

Still cannot find direct evidence of Mayor saying this. Still looking.

Has been reported now by RT.

Source: https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/757352978307289088

Associated Press: no word as of yet.

Edit: BBC now reporting it — http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36880758, https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...54191631319040

ReputationRep:
    BBC are now reporting the mayor's quote on an explosive device
    TercioOfParma might be worth changing thread title now it's almost certainly a bombing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    BBC are now reporting the mayor's quote on an explosive device
    TercioOfParma might be worth changing thread title now it's almost certainly a bombing
    Sorted, I must say i'm not too surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Can an admin move this to news and current events? I just realised I posted this in the wrong forum.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nordbayern.de/region/ansb...satz-1.5369153

"Die Explosion in der Ansbacher Innenstadt war keine Gasexplosion, sondern wurde durch einen Sprengkörper herbeigeführt."

Explosives apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Some witnesses are reporting a man carrying a backpack was denied entry to the musical festival before the attack

Sounds like the attacker panicked and went after the first busy place they could find. Very fortunate he didn't reach his intended target!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Can an admin move this to news and current events? I just realised I posted this in the wrong forum.
    Hey! Will get this moved ASAP as there are no N&CA mods online and these threads can get quite heated.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't really big headline news tbh... it was a small attack and the person who died was probably the attacker. I doubt this will be on the news tomorrow unless the death toll increases see which it hopefully won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Hey! Will get this moved ASAP as there are no N&CA mods online and these threads can get quite heated.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    FFS!! Is this an incident a day now?

ReputationRep:
    Damn this was an attack rather than say a gas explosion? Ho lee fooo i cannot keep up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Germany has not been very fortunate these last two weeks, has it
    Nothing at all to do with fortune.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatPumpkin)
    FFS!! Is this an incident a day now?
    Yes there is, I have my metaphorical popcorn ready for what is going to happen over the next couple of years. Watching leftists trying to apologise for their actions.

ReputationRep:
    People on Twitter are reporting the one dead person as the bomber.

Looks like Germany quite literally dodged the bullet

ReputationRep:
    Damn those white supremacist anti immigration facists at it again *

ReputationRep:
    It's bad that I have to rely on Twitter to give me the news instead of official news outlets. There's literally an attack a day now. Terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    It's just an accident or a fault or something, most likely. It's midnight right now in Germany- not time for an attack.
    Didn't realise jihadists had a bedtime lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.