Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you touch type? watch

• View Poll Results: Can you touch type?
    Yes
    69.70%
    No
    6.06%
    Sort of
    24.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    Yes, I can type 80 words per minute. That's why I don't like touchscreens... because I can type so much faster on a conventional keyboard. I always want a real computer with a real keyboard whenever possible, and only want to use my phone in a pinch.

It also doesn't help that I like to write things out a lot more than I like to sit back and passively consume content. I can never watch a YouTube video without wanting to write out a three paragraph comment on it.
    I dislike touch screens too! I'm hanging onto my old phone with buttons because I don't want to have a touch screen phone, but I'm starting to think they are unavoidable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I dislike touch screens too! I'm hanging onto my old phone with buttons because I don't want to have a touch screen phone, but I'm starting to think they are unavoidable
    It's very difficult, and you have to hunt down specific models. A lot of people use small Bluetooth keyboard attachments or cases for their phones, though. I personally just prefer carrying a Microsoft Surface with a Type Cover. I only use my phone for GPS, phone calls, taking pictures, and texting really short messages like "Come get me now. Class was out early today." Once in a while I'll do an online search for something.

I don't like apps or games very much, and I use my 3DS for games because I prefer real buttons and stylus input. I think I'm just too old and set in my ways to adapt to touchscreens. I am 28, and I hated the iPhone when it came out. I'm annoyed that the market followed the trend set by it, and I complain about everything becoming more "Apple-like" with fewer options and simplified GUIs that look like they were designed for illiterate people over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    It's very difficult, and you have to hunt down specific models. A lot of people use small Bluetooth keyboard attachments or cases for their phones, though. I personally just prefer carrying a Microsoft Surface with a Type Cover. I only use my phone for GPS, phone calls, taking pictures, and texting really short messages like "Come get me now. Class was out early today." Once in a while I'll do an online search for something.

I don't like apps or games very much, and I use my 3DS for games because I prefer real buttons and stylus input. I think I'm just too old and set in my ways to adapt to touchscreens. I am 28, and I hated the iPhone when it came out.
    Yeah, I think I will just have to put up with it though and get used to the touch screens

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can, but not with proper technique. The autocorrect on my laptop helps a lot with mistyping, albeit a little aggressive.

ReputationRep:
    I mostly touch type on my laptop but I do only type with my two index fingers but I'm a fairly fast typer so I guess that's pretty cool
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I can, to some extent but I don't quite know where all the punctuation is . I do rely on backspace though. I'd suck at an actual type writer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I can, to some extent but I don't quite know where all the punctuation is . I do rely on backspace though. I'd suck at an actual type writer.
    I used to have a typewriter! I was constantly making mistakes with it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.