Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I like both R&B and Rock innit. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    yep r'n'b deserves a lot more credit than it is given in this forum..different genres of music are better suited at amplify what emotion you're feeling a given time.. & r'n'b to me is the perfect kinda music 2 listen 2 when you're in a shallow or 'sexy' kinda mood!

ReputationRep:
    And if you're a shallow person feeling sexy? :hubba: :p:

ReputationRep:
    everyones got to have a few RnB songs in their collection...if you don't your a nab

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone does tbh

ReputationRep:
    I do..

But only old stuff, none of the new crap RnB

:p:

ReputationRep:
    The new RnB is awful, especially Akon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by athletesfoot)
    everyones got to have a few RnB songs in their collection...if you don't your a nab
    I disagree.

ReputationRep:
    RnB isnt that popular in UK- i dont think.

can u be an emo and a goth at the same time?? cos i think i have found one! lol

ReputationRep:
    Listening to some RnB right now - The Yardbirds. That fusion of gospel, country, rock and blues was a fantastic, exciting, innovative vibe. The less said about modern 'RnB' the better...

ReputationRep:
    This thread gave me 2500% of my RDA of stupid. I think I'm having a brain embolism.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree i don't listen to any new RnB singers because everything has the same beat and it gets incredibly annoying. i stick with my old school songs lol and i discover some new old school legend everyday RnB music suits any mood, but rock and indie hmmm you got to be in that specific mode to be able to stand it.

and to answer the question "what emos have to do with rock and indie music?" - well your not exactly going to find emos listening to Boys II Men or New Edition are you? they'd rather stick with their snow patrol and fall out boy music

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel the need to explore modern rnb, I get enough thrust on me in clubs, I prefer rnb in one of it's derived meanings (ok, The Who stuff mostly but others too).

I don't get modern rnb so I don't bother with it, I'm happy thinking it sounds all the same, stereotypically awful.

The real question is what's going to come along once this emo and or new rave-glosticky fad is over, I'm genuinely interested, I think it's pretty likely it will be something dancey, dunno why, just a feeling.

ReputationRep:
    emo :suith:

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard of "rap punk" its like old school hip hop and its pretty good, heard it the other day on late night radio

ReputationRep:
    the reason RnB is dismissed by most knowledgable music listeners is because, unlike every other genre it has no unique positive aspects; everything positive device is present in at least one other genre of music and in every case, it's better there.

there's your answer

ReputationRep:
    it's about demographics. RnB is popular amongst asian/black people who live in south london and who live in moss side in manchester. etc.

you find people like that, are under-represented on this forum. i think there was a tsr hip hop society - and there was only one member on it - the founder . . . but dont quote me on it.

rock is popular amongst students - hence more chat about rock on this forum. having said that - there was that shooting incident at a gig at lufbra university a while back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGlitter88x)
    how come all the threads in this section are on Indie and Rock singers? no1 here listens to RNB?!
    nope, because it's crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat_88)
    nope, because it's crap.

:lies:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat_88)
    nope, because it's crap.

Best answer in this thread so far..

I agree 2000000000.9%

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.