Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I look much older than I am. IMO that's more depressing, but I've never experienced it the other way round so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I got asked for ID the other day when buying a pack of cigs and I'm 21

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    lol you might be right, see for yourself then, im the one with brown hair in black on the left. It was a family holiday and im actually older than my cousin who is 19 (far left with the cap thing on), im 22. How old would you say my cousin looks btw he thinks he looks 15 lol!

Now all you others who think you look young post yours! lol

Yea you actually look about 13 there is no way you are 22 sorry!! Your cousin Id say 20

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and get mistaken for 16/17 :p: but that's if I make no effort whatsoever to look my age anyway.:p: plus i'mnot the tallest person in the world.:p:
    To be honest it doesn't really bother me now though, I just live with it hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    lol you might be right, see for yourself then, im the one with brown hair in black on the left. It was a family holiday and im actually older than my cousin who is 19 (far left with the cap thing on), im 22. How old would you say my cousin looks btw he thinks he looks 15 lol!

Now all you others who think you look young post yours! lol
    wow, you sure your 22 :eek: You could pass for 12 but it might be the light or something.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are saying goodLife looks 12 or 13. Maybe they don't know many 12 and 13 year olds? You can tell from her eyes and the sides of her mouth that she looks older.

In the first pic I think it's the straight fringe more than anything else that makes you look young.

ReputationRep:
    well how old does she look then? No older than 14 surely and how can you tell someones age by the side of there mouth lol No I don't know any 13 year olds so maybe its just me then.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I think she looks in her late twenties, like 28, in the second pic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and get the 'You don't look 21' like I really care what people think about it.

I think it's to do with my mega uber cheeks giving me a rounded face. But the flip side is they make me more attractive so you know (hard to describe why). But Im quite lucky because I'm 5ft11 but 15 stone (not fat!) and so have an err more 'adult' body than most my age. I guess looking a couple of years doesn't bother me too much, as long as I can get served in pubs and not be stopped by bouncers. I suppose there are formal meetings, like say when I asked my bank manager for a loan, were people are sometimes unsure who they are dealing with which is abit rubbish. Although as soon as I open my mouth any doubt does.

My advice would be to grow a beard if you're male-although be careful because bum fluff will make you look younger. If your female then take advantage of being able to wear make up. But dressing well will make the biggest difference. A well fitting and stylish leather (or leather look in my case) jacket will and a year, and avoid baggy jeanes or combats.

But mose of all, be confident and act you age!

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to not give a ****, if you carry ID with you whats the problem, seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    My advice would be to not give a ****, if you carry ID with you whats the problem, seriously?
    It's embarassing to be the only one to get ID'd etc.

ReputationRep:
    Heres me, i have been mistaken for 12, 14, and qutie randomly 23 lol

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...s/DSC00059.jpg

And as you can see im very short as this picture proves y i get asked for id all the time
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...uesdaynite.jpg

How old do you think i am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowz)
    It's embarassing to be the only one to get ID'd etc.
    Its not embarassing at all unless you've still got the mentality of a 17 year old who manages to sneak into a club and then proclaims to his mate "I got in and you didn't". I don't think there could be anything less worth worrying about than how old you look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink_Diamond)
    How old do you think i am?
    You look like a mature 16 year old

ReputationRep:
    im 18 nearly 19

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and I think I pretty much look my age but I'm not sure. I'd never get away with saying I'm 18, unfortunately, but someone thought I was too young to have been going to a year 11 prom...

It doesn't really bother me right now how old people think I am 'cause there's nothing I want to do but I can see how people have problems in the future. At the moment I still pay child fairs on the London Underground. Passing for 15 is not that surprising though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink_Diamond)
    im 18 nearly 19
    Shows that the same person can look very different ages, in different pictures. You look your age, in the first picture, but a bit younger, in the second one; probably doesn't help that you seem rather overshadowed by your mates, in that one.

As for 'goodLife', I'd have thought that 13 was stretching it, a bit; I'd have thought closer to 18, in the second pic, and about 16/17, in the first pic.

I've found that I look far older, with a shaved head, and putting build on, in the gym, also certainly helps. Good advice for any guys who look young, but I guess that doesn't help the 'OP'.

Just look at things in the long-term, at any rate; you'll be glad of it, for longer than you were depressed about it. By the time you're 25, or not much older, you'll be feeling glad of it.

ReputationRep:
    the lad with spiky hair is actually my boyfriend, we look proper odd walking down the street haha. and the other girl is younger than me!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite. I'm sixteen but whenever I say that to people at work they gawp at me and are really suprised!

However for people that look younger, I find that a lot of people I know look younger but speak and express themselves in a way that shows they're older - i.e. their actual age. So it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ron Stoppable)
    ... in some pictures!

Besides, anyone can look younger/older with a little grooming and presentation.
    Haha, I'd forgotten there were people on here who knew what I actually looked like XD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.