Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What matters to you the most in your life? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    Cute. Aren't you worried that people are *******s who will take advantage of you and hurt you even if you have their best interests at heart?
    Nope, if they try I can do pretty awful things to them.

ReputationRep:
    love.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being happy.

As cheesy as that sounds, but it's true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimrahk123)
    Nope, if they try I can do pretty awful things to them.
    It's not that simple. If you really care for a person and want to make them happy, if they use you and treat you awfully, you'll be hurt badly. You will feel terrible. Whatever you do to them is not going to affect them much because they never gave a **** about you in the first place.

Not trying to dissuade you though. I just think it's best to be cautious with people - even people you thought you knew. I always expect someone else to make a sacrifice for me and then I will do everything for them (within reason of course!). But I won't ever again be the first one to make a sacrifice for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    It's not that simple. If you really care for a person and want to make them happy, if they use you and treat you awfully, you'll be hurt badly. You will feel terrible. Whatever you do to them is not going to affect them much because they never gave a **** about you in the first place.

Not trying to dissuade you though. I just think it's best to be cautious with people - even people you thought you knew. I always expect someone else to make a sacrifice for me and then I will do everything for them (within reason of course!). But I won't ever again be the first one to make a sacrifice for someone else.
    It's true, but by making people happy, I don't mean the big things necesserily, just the small things like giving someone a hug on a bad day, or being the first around with ice cream and chocolate after a break up, nothing much.

ReputationRep:
    My sleep.

ReputationRep:
    My parents❤️
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Certain friends, and my dog

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    rubybrown1234

ReputationRep:
    Music. Would probably die without it.

ReputationRep:
    Health and my family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucarious30)
    rubybrown1234
    Way to make me smile uncontrollably at work, hehe :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubybrown1234)
    Way to make me smile uncontrollably at work, hehe :blushing:
    I'm in

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.