The Student Room Group

Should we let in more refugees from Syria and Iraq?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
Here is a video of black libyans (on of syria's neighbours)...

OK, how does showing me a picture of black Libyan's prove there are black Syrians caught up in the migrant crisis ?

Either way, you are arguing a moot point, 99.99999% of a black people claiming to be refugees are just economic migrants from Africa, if you can find a picture of 0.00001% that aren't I raise my glass to you.

I'll wait, take your time.
Here is a video of black libyans (on of syria's neighbours)...

[video="youtube;L4icorYD_mE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4icorYD_mE[/video]

Libya is an African country over 2,200km from Syria.

What does that video prove?
Original post by HanSoloLuck
OK, how does showing me a picture of black Libyan's prove there are black Syrians caught up in the migrant crisis ?

Either way, you are arguing a moot point, 99.99999% of a black people claiming to be refugees are just economic migrants from Africa, if you can find a picture of 0.00001% that aren't I raise my glass to you.

I'll wait, take your time.

I agree that there are people of African race, who aren't genuine need of refuge from the UK. But as much as you might hate this, there are also people from all races trying to do this.

Would you believe that there are still Christians living in Iraq, and Iran.

You can't, or at least you shouldn't equate somebodies race with their nationality. There are people from all races, living all over the world. It just so happens that some of them are in war torn countries, and desperately need our help.

The idea that you can't come from Syria, because of the colour of your skin, disgusts me actually. Please cut it out!!!!!!
Original post by TelAviv

Once in time, 90% of the people that lived in the land mass called "Middle East" which is part of the land of Ham ("Africa") were all dark skin(# shades of brown).

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120512222825AAb0Bli
Once in time, 90% of the people that lived in the land mass called "Middle East" which is part of the land of Ham ("Africa":wink: were all dark skin(# shades of brown).

lol, are you new to this website, and forum/internet exchange in general.

It's alright if you are, it just seems rather obvious.
Once in time, 90% of the people that lived in the land mass called "Middle East" which is part of the land of Ham ("Africa":wink: were all dark skin(# shades of brown).

Key term there is "once in time". This quote means literally nothing in regards to the refugee crisis.

The Yahoo pages also confirms what other people have been saying - the number of black Syrians is tiny.

It is common sense to assume that most black people claiming to be refugees in Europe are not from Syria.
Original post by TelAviv

lol, he seems genuine, I'm getting a history lesson on the racial ancestry according to Yahoo Answers below.... EDIT; I mean above.
More the merrier imo
Reply 28
It's not that black and white but we should take into consideration current occurrences. Have you been watching the news lately? 3 of the 4 attacks in Germany were perpetrated by Syrian refugees/asylum seekers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Children need a 3rd option ...

Syria kids.jpg
We should treat the cause of all this (get rid of ISIS) not the symptoms (taking in refugees)
Original post by faston2k16
Should we? They are fleeing war and persecution but a lot of them are Muslims...

only if we can guarantee they will be sent back one the conflict is over

If they are here to stay then NO.
No, and we should send half the ones we have taken back home.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Only if they can prove that they aren't Muslim and are actually from the region.

Many of the 'refugees' are black or obviously from other parts of the region like Pakistan, Syrians have a unique racial appearance and it's obvious that the majority applying for asylum are not Syrian. We can tell from first glance that the blacks making up the lion's share of applicants are NOT FROM SYRIA.

The system itself would be able to cope and we would be able to help all, Muslims included, from Iraq AND Syria if it weren't being abused by so many. Incidentally, this is why their countries are not functional places, the majority over there (Africa, and the Middle East) don't give a flying hoot if they break a system designed to get women and children our of a warzone, so long as they can get free stuff.

With this in mind, we should have a religious test for ALL and a biological test to ascertain regional heritage. Those that are caught trying to steal a spot in the queue from women and children should be detained and sent to work the mines in Siberia, if we don't have mines in Siberia then make some.

I agree, save for that bit about concentration camps in Siberia.
Taking in refugees from Syria permanently is not the solution, if anything it will harm the future of Syria. The conflict needs to end, and if you wish to help the Syrians, donate money to them. Or donate money to nearby countries in order to support the Syrians. Egypt and Lebanon for example are taking on hundreds of thousands of Syrians, you can donate money to organisations in those countries to build housing for Syrian refugees.
Instead of flooding the west full of people we don't like, why not send aid and money there and kill ISIS?

Europe isn't the dumping ground for fake refugees fleeing the effects of bad ideology/ culture.
Should we? They are fleeing war and persecution but a lot of them are Muslims...

If they are truly fleeing then they will stay in the nearest safe area.

That isn't the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37

NO
They can go to Saudi Arabia
Original post by M14B
NO
They can go to Saudi Arabia

I agree with this sentiment, but you know Saudi and the other rich arab nations (Dubai, and Arab emirates for example) have washed their hands of them and have a strict no immigration policy. I suppose we should let a few in, after all they have no where else to turn? (If only our borders were as good as our bouncer's 'no trainers' door policy)!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NJA
Children need a 3rd option ...

Syria kids.jpg

I'm sorry but whoever created that meme is either staggeringly ill-informed or a mong.

There's a third option available which was rejected by Aylan Kuridi's dad. Kurdi and his family - like millions of other Syrians - already had refuge in Turkey and had been living there for years. His dad decided that wasn't good enough so they left.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending