Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sign below to request 'individual EU membership' as,part of Brexit deal Watch

ReputationRep:
    Classic example of asking the same question repeatedly in the hope you eventually get the answer you want.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4226532

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    This suggestion, which is nothing more than that at this stage, would simply entail single market access without needing full free movement of services.

But what does that have to do with the petition?
    This petition is for full free movement, without single market access.
    Free movement to travel, study and work, except not taking benefits and not for mass migration from one country to another. It is for the like of Timmona, not those who live 35 to a room to claim benefits to send back home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theplace)
    This petition is,for full free movement, without single market access.
    Free movement to travel, study and work, except not taking benefits and not for mass migration from one country to another. It is for the like of Timmona, not those who love 35 to a room to claim benefits to send back home.
    If the petition were for free movement to be retained as part of our exit, I would have some sympathy for that.

But it's not. It's asking for EU membership for individuals, and I cannot overstate how much that is not going to happen. It's an utter waste of time

ReputationRep:
    If the petition were for free movement to be retained as part of our exit, I would have some sympathy for that.

But it's not. It's asking for EU membership for individuals, and I cannot overstate how much that is not going to happen. It's an utter waste of time
    It could be negotiated as part of the exit plan. it would have little clout after. In essence, it means paying half the dues, since half are not interested and individuals who are can pay the £4:50"which will cope safe for the half that are not interested. See, after over 1000 views, someone who's,got something constructive to say. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I snorted laughing at this petition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    NUS membership is for those that belong to universities (countries), but happy to take the dues from those that are not, likely selling their details to third parties also. EU membership at this level would be entirely workable. It's time politics and trade agreements and c-k plans to flood Europe with migrants to even out the playing field, were separate from the Timmomas, who love and cherish and want to,learn and foster ties with her EU counterparts, without a using her hosts benefits system (see petition).

ReputationRep:
    Why does leaving the EU frighten you? given all the attacks going on especially..

You grew up under the EU so you can't remember life was perfectly fine without it.

ReputationRep:
    The attacks are not caused by 'Europeans'. Those people are already in the UK, just not disgruntled because they are treated so well, housed, educated and cared and not snubbed, which they are in France and Germany. Bless the Brirish for being so tolerant,,at their own expense. If they have become rascis, they have learnt it from the new eu migrants, who abhor their own neighbors.
    (Original post by NW0 resistance)
    Why does leaving the EU frighten you? given all the attacks going on especially..

You grew up under the EU so you can't remember life was perfectly fine without it.

ReputationRep:
    It's in the news today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still laughing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Classic example of asking the same question repeatedly in the hope you eventually get the answer you want.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4226532
    Read today's papers.

ReputationRep:
    A
    I started a similar one a few weeks ago,but it was rejected because the way it was worded made it impossible to implement.
    See today's papers ...individual membership.

ReputationRep:
    Passporting rights? Of course, it's good for the financial services industry.

But that has no relation to the petition, which is pushing for something impossible. A country can be an EU member, but a person cannot. The petition is ludicrous
    Read todays news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Read todays news.

ReputationRep:
    Ahttps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/161459/signatures/new

ReputationRep:
    Ahttps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/161459/signatures/new

This link.

ReputationRep:
    It could be negotiated as part of the exit plan. it would have little clout after. In essence, it means paying half the dues, since half are not interested and individuals who are can pay the £4:50"which will cope safe for the half that are not interested. See, after over 1000 views, someone who's,got something constructive to say. Thanks.
    Where does your figure of £4.50 come from?

ReputationRep:
    oh my god
    give up
    we left the EU
    it's done
    democracy in action; 50%+1
    there's nothing you can do about it
    once we've left, then we've left pretty much forever
    maybe return to this issue when you're an old man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Where does your figure of £4.50 come from?
    Current figures.

ReputationRep:
    Current figures.
    Current figures for what?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.