Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there is a legal height requirement to prevent midgets from driving? I wouldn't want to be on the same road a midget is in... might run me over because they can't stretch their heads up enough to view the rear window.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by mooncheese89)
    Haha I had the same problem, I'm also 5'2" and always had to pump the seat up to the extreme, bring it forward, have a cushion :p: i felt like a little dwarf tbh!! Lol. But as said above, once you get used to it you don't realllly need to see the kerb. I always had trouble with reversing round the corner anyway due to my ineptitude at knowing which way i had to turn the wheel! But to see the kerb, my instructor's car had blind spot mirrors which helped a lot and that helped me develop the sense of where the kerb was when turning around. I did pass in the end! (3 months ago yesterday) :P

Good luck!
    Eh? I'm 5'2" and I've never had to do anything out of the ordinary in order to drive...

ReputationRep:
    i ahd to sit on two cushions to see out the back of the micra i was learning to drive in. ahh.
    i now have to drive a hyndai h100 for work, which granted, isn't the biggest of vans, but at 5 foot, i struggle to reach the pedals, even with the seat as far forward as possible.
    stupid cars built for stupid big people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_Rose)
    Im 5'1 and i was driving a 2004 corsa and i couldnt see the kerb either but i managed to do it and passed my test without a cussion. So it can be done, or just sit on a cussion
    I'm not so confident that you passed your test without a concussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i ahd to sit on two cushions to see out the back of the micra i was learning to drive in. ahh.

me too haha. my instructor always had a cushion in the back for smaller people but i was the first person he had to get two cushions for.

but like ppl have said the only manouver i remember using the rear windscreen for was parallel parking and making sure i wasnt reversing into a car or person obviously. my marker was on the left back window for reverse around corner i think.

ReputationRep:
    Had a lesson today and I took a cushion with me - it worked wonders! I nailed the RRC first time. Woooh!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.