Turn on thread page Beta

I am a maths dyslexic yet i managed to pass my maths GCSE with the higher paper aswell.

You can do anything if you try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    But I understand that's how it is here.
    And that is the key point. Here we sit on arses, we are sceptical of drivers without driving licences and practise the spelling of ise verbs with s and their nouns with c, while using lifts to get from floor to floor. Americans don't.

ReputationRep:
    If someone offered to help you with GCSE maths, would you take the offer?

ReputationRep:
    back in the day yes now no i can't even get in to a evening class so not now no point

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that sort of defeatist attitude helps. The problem here is that you're lacking the very fundamentals because you struggled with engaging in mathematics from an early age, so if we're trying to teach you GCSE concepts we first have to teach you SATs and earlier concepts. A lot of evening classes won't do that, they'd expect you to have already understood a lot of the previous topics already.

It's possible to self-teach most of pre-degree mathematics relatively easily, KhansAcademy provides a good YouTube resource from elementary level to approximately A-level.

Please understand that a GCSE grade C is a hard requirement for most jobs as a whole, even as an electrician or something, because it proves you're numerate enough to be trusted with doing basic calculations. It's hard to not be on the dole if you're unwilling to develop those skills, and it's not really worth it with a Tory government in power.

ReputationRep:
    Are you trying to say its math not maths? Cause its maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SalazarSlytherin)
    Are you trying to say its math not maths? Cause its maths
    It's actually pronounced moth

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.