Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I used to up until a couple of days ago. Now it seems they give Muslims special privileges over everyone else, like that case where those two guys got jailed for putting bacon on a mosque's doorstep. Had it been a church no one would've cared, but because it was a mosque they got jailed. Unless those men are released and compensated pronto I will never be able to trust the British police again.

EDIT: Not just the police, the whole criminal justice system. Jailing innocents is downright wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Around two thirds of the police I've encountered have been absolute scum-of-the-earth, power-hungry *******s. The other third have been very nice indeed (no in between at all).
    So while I will judge every officer on an individual basis, on the whole, as an institution, no, I do not trust the police.

ReputationRep:
    I would say I trust them, but if anything happened to me I wouldn't go and tell them because I don't think they would be able to deal with it. eg. if I got raped or attacked or something

It's not that I don't trust them but I don't feel like they have enough resources and/or care enough to follow through on things unless they're really important

I also think they've got better than they were in the past but I've never really had to deal with them personally apart from my uncle

ReputationRep:
    To an extent yes, but I do exercise a degree of caution around them, as I am very much aware that there are corrupt and bullyish individuals within the police who can make your life very difficult if they choose to. The nature of the job sadly attracts such types. But on the whole, yes I trust them and appreciate the difficult work they do.

ReputationRep:
    usually I do, seeing as I don't break laws
    but sometimes, clearly policemen have nothing better to do than be blatant party-poopers for the $
    not all the time though - usually they're pretty good people

ReputationRep:
    I've no reason not to trust UK police, I'd be far more wary of US police though.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not. My dogs are more trustworthy. I fed them and they never bit me. What about the cops? People pay taxes. People feed the cops,right? But what did they do to the tax payers?

Name:  1469611033893.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  34.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    usually I do, seeing as I don't break laws
    but sometimes, clearly policemen have nothing better to do than be blatant party-poopers for the $
    not all the time though - usually they're pretty good people
    indeed some are however due to some of the more recent reforms where police get rated higher the more people they send up to court and the prosecuto gewtting more browny points to.. Here's an example i've encountered at both ends of the spectrum; back many yeas go in high school me nd some friends were drinking under age a ploddy walking past notices and proceeds to caution us all, bare in mind we were 15 then.. two years later similar scenario albeitwe were in the park and someone had ehackedout a joint the two village ploddys notice/smell and come over and it just ended in a fun chatand a bit of advice to be more subtle :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I generally would but it's quite hard to conclude really because of what you hear from the news. Sometimes, a small case requires a long period of time to be solved. Is this really necessary? I doubt it... This is not to undermine the police in any way, I respect them a lot for what they do. However, it is very frustrating to hear that sometimes the police are not working efficiently to solve a simple case.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But I would not appreciate an male officer touching me or entering any cop car without a female officer...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.