Get me home!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Sinnie_)
    I have infinite funds and resources. However, purchasing a map would be difficult stood on the side of the road waving my arms wildly, with no shops nearby and where I do not speak the language - plus, where is your adventurers spirit?
    Can you hear any trains from where you are standing at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I feat that a train to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrn drobwllllantysiliogogogoch would take a rather long time and I appear to have misplaced the local train station right now. Perhaps you could help me find it?
    Go to the nearest civilian who looks pleasant and mime a train.. don't forget to say *choo choo* to really emphasise your likeness to a train, he will take you either to the train station or to the mental asylum across the road.

ReputationRep:
    Do the majority of people have fair skin?

ReputationRep:
    Follow the road either way until you reach a proper town with shops/transport?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rleah1998)
    Can you hear any trains from where you are standing at the moment?
    I stop waving my arms and wait for a car to round the bend, but even upon straining my ears and donning a double handed ear cone, I can not hear even the faintest sound of a train.

(Original post by BobSausage)
    Go to the nearest civilian who looks pleasant and mime a train.. don't forget to say *choo choo* to really emphasise your likeness to a train, he will take you either to the train station or to the mental asylum across the road.
    Fortunately a kindly old gentlemen is leaving his cosy little bungalow across the street. I stroll up to him confidently, begin pistoning my arm furiously and making emphatic train noises. He eyes me with pity, but waves his arm generally westward, mutters something I can not understand and stomps off.

(Original post by emmald583)
    Do the majority of people have fair skin?
    I believe, though I am unsure, that on the whole people will be fair of skin, but a significant number will be of a range of ethnic origins.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any planes going overhead?

ReputationRep:
    I assume that at some point you will reach a town which may have some tourist-oriented shops. If you see one, can you go in and would you be able to tell us the sort of things you could buy in there, or would that be giving away too much?

ReputationRep:
    Wander Westward until you stop finding alliteration. Then continue in a westerly direction until you find a station. If you find you are a long way from any towns or cities try stealing any of the following a car, a horse, a bike, a sheep and continue your journey west until such a point as you find the station. ( also if you find sheep take one back to Wales they're a great bribe for the locals )

ReputationRep:
    What's the local wildlife like?

ReputationRep:
    Can you see/hear the sea, or another significant body of water?

ReputationRep:
    I've stopped to cook my dinner by the roadside, I shall continue my journey soon - try not to post too many actions in one go as it'll be impossible to follow them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    What's the local wildlife like?
    This is not a yes or no question, though I'm sure I heard a bear in the forest earlier!

Can you see/hear the sea, or another significant body of water?
    I could hear the non-existent trains better than I can the water.

Are there any planes going overhead?
    I have seen some airplanes in the distance, whether they ever come over head here, I do not know.

Wander Westward until you stop finding alliteration. Then continue in a westerly direction until you find a station. If you find you are a long way from any towns or cities try stealing any of the following a car, a horse, a bike, a sheep and continue your journey west until such a point as you find the station. ( also if you find sheep take one back to Wales they're a great bribe for the locals )
    I assume that at some point you will reach a town which may have some tourist-oriented shops. If you see one, can you go in and would you be able to tell us the sort of things you could buy in there, or would that be giving away too much?
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Follow the road either way until you reach a proper town with shops/transport?
    I begin to wander westward, following the vague wave of the old mans hand. I quickly find myself upon a main road. Cars hurtle past, not a care for this lost traveler; buses fly past, their curious names too much a blur for me to translate. After an hour of walking I come across a new village, this one similarly built with bungalows, I find a remarkably familiar old man to wildly gesticulate to and he waves me ever westward in my pursuit of a train.

A further hour and 15 minutes places me in a beautiful town, with wonderfully straight roads and houses with stairs. After some more "Choo Choo's" and accompanying hand motions, I find myself outside a train station.

I have managed to take you a picture
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Alliteration is always the way!
    So now you're gonna paint yourself so you look like coal (I assume those are coal trucks) and hope to find yourself in an easier place to navigate from. I actually did a quick Google image reverse to see where you got the pic from but it would appear to be non-existent it didn't even find this thread So my guess is you're in Europe. Sweden possibly or perhaps somewhere a little further south? Hungary perhaps. Possibly France but I doubt it.
    There's always the lesser known ones around that area. Or am I in the wrong continent?
    Wondering whether their language is based off of Latin too so we could use similar words on signs to identify some things.

On closer inspection the trucks have some interesting writing on the side compromising of the letters:

R i V
    54 C Z - C O C
    5947 376-7
    Eas u

D

So is it Czech republic or going to there?

ReputationRep:
    This is not a yes or no question, though I'm sure I heard a bear in the forest earlier!

I could hear the non-existent trains better than I can the water.

I have seen some airplanes in the distance, whether they ever come over head here, I do not know.

I begin to wander westward, following the vague wave of the old mans hand. I quickly find myself upon a main road. Cars hurtle past, not a care for this lost traveler; buses fly past, their curious names too much a blur for me to translate. After an hour of walking I come across a new village, this one similarly built with bungalows, I find a remarkably familiar old man to wildly gesticulate to and he waves me ever westward in my pursuit of a train.

A further hour and 15 minutes places me in a beautiful town, with wonderfully straight roads and houses with stairs. After some more "Choo Choo's" and accompanying hand motions, I find myself outside a train station.

I have managed to take you a picture
    Are you able to jump onto a train going West? Like jump into one of the carriages

ReputationRep:
    Have you been balls deep in a local dead hooker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alliteration is always the way!
    So now you're gonna paint yourself so you look like coal (I assume those are coal trucks) and hope to find yourself in an easier place to navigate from. I actually did a quick Google image reverse to see where you got the pic from but it would appear to be non-existent it didn't even find this thread So my guess is you're in Europe. Sweden possibly or perhaps somewhere a little further south? Hungary perhaps. Possibly France but I doubt it.
    There's always the lesser known ones around that area. Or am I in the wrong continent?
    Wondering whether their language is based off of Latin too so we could use similar words on signs to identify some things.

On closer inspection the trucks have some interesting writing on the side compromising of the letters:

R i V
    54 C Z - C O C
    5947 376-7
    Eas u

D

So is it Czech republic or going to there?
    How can you reverse Google search an image I have only just taken and uploaded so that you may assist me in getting home? Which question are you asking? A little further south? The continent? Czech Republic? One question at a time, I am sleepy from my long walk, I can not think so much!

(Original post by sarkrista112)
    Have you been balls deep in a local dead hooker? Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am but a person, lost in the world, such activity is completely abhorrent and will not be countenanced! Though, if I were to pursue the bought affections of a person, such an action (while they are alive) would not land me in bother with the local constabulary.

Are you able to jump onto a train going West? Like jump into one of the carriages
    It is late indeed, I am tired. So I shall sneak aboard this train and rest, waiting to see where I am taken. I ensure it is headed westward and clamber aboard, finding a nice corner to snuggle into. I sleep.

(This is your set up for tomorrow, I shall go to my coal bed and sleep now)

It appears the train was not due to depart until 07:00, however the journey was brief, 5 minutes by my watch. It has stopped in a siding of some kind. People's voices filter through the the hazy morning light. I'm not sure it is safe for me to stay here, who knows how the locals will take to a trespasser!

ReputationRep:
    _Sinnie_
    So you're in Prague.
    You fumble out of the carriage, and creep away before anyone notices a strange man who appears to have painted himself to match the coal of the cart and and you fumble through the night you see the universal sign of a plane on a large sign with an arrow pointing towards the airport. You stagger almost drunkenly with sleep making your head feel heavy towards the bright lights of the airport.
    You head into the airport and sign yourself in using mimes and mumbled English, eventually the attendant pulls up Google translate on her screen and you tell her you want to go home. You pay for a ticket and go to sit on a bench in the departure lounge until such a time as your flight is boarding. Then you curl up in your chair and dream of England. quietly humming rule Britannia in your sleep.

ReputationRep:
    _Sinnie_
    So you're in Prague.
    You fumble out of the carriage, and creep away before anyone notices a strange man who appears to have painted himself to match the coal of the cart and and you fumble through the night you see the universal sign of a plane on a large sign with an arrow pointing towards the airport. You stagger almost drunkenly with sleep making your head feel heavy towards the bright lights of the airport.
    You head into the airport and sign yourself in using mimes and mumbled English, eventually the attendant pulls up Google translate on her screen and you tell her you want to go home. You pay for a ticket and go to sit on a bench in the departure lounge until such a time as your flight is boarding. Then you curl up in your chair and dream of England. quietly humming rule Britannia in your sleep.
    You must be mistaken. In my exhausted like state I did have such a dream, however it was not to be. This industrial train siding looks nothing like Prague.

ReputationRep:
    You must be mistaken. In my exhausted like state I did have such a dream, however it was not to be. This industrial train siding looks nothing like Prague.
    I really thought I had it.

I GTG so goodnight, have a nice night n a freezing coaly truck somewhere, I'll find you in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Did you catch the name of the station?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.