Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you're fussed, drink more of that mingy re-hydration solution. When you continue to pee clear after that, you'll be reassured that all is well.

This is a sign of AIDS?

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: oh jesus christ on a unicycle...

(Original post by batesie11)
    dhooo1 - why do you ask if I'm tired a lot?
    was just think of all other deficiency's and imbalences that can make you thirsty. is there nothing else par the thirst?

ReputationRep:
    is it a sign of aids? could be.. but i doubt you have it, and peeing a lot wouldn't be the first sign..
    if you've drunk (drank?) a lot of coffee, then that can have an effect on you needing to pee every 5 seconds because of the caffeine, so that might explain that,
    and if you're drinking loads, you're bound to be peeing loads.
    why do you even think you're dehydrated?
    pee a really pale straw yellow kinda colour is perfectly normal and means you're nice and hydrated, it's only when it's dark that you're dehydrated, so you've nothign to worry about.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm starting to wonder if this is some sort of joke, particulary as the OP has already been de-anoned twice and is still posting anon.

What do you mean I've been de-anoned? And WHY in the world would someone post a joke thread about dehydration? This place can be so frustrating at times!

To reiterate my problem: I had a stomach ache and felt sick, realized my diet had been pretty bad over the last couple days and thought I might be dehydrated, started drink some water, kept peeing. The AIDS comment terrifies me because I've had some longterm symptoms like weird tonsils and fatigue, but this dehydration thing JUST started today. Hope someone has some real advice instead of calling me a prat and a joke. Thanks in advance for anyone who does!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didn't realize it was possible to be de-anoned. Well, here I am. Anyway, back to the issue at hand...

ReputationRep:
    Help please! I'm so worried now

ReputationRep:
    How have people given me advice? They've either said "drink water" or "stop drinking water"...and neither one of those answers is helping me...

ReputationRep:
    dont forget you have aidz
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well whatever it is, go see your GP, they will give you the best advice.

ReputationRep:
    dehydration is when the body has too little water and so less is removed by the kidneys - urine volume reduces and its very dark. And obviously, u start feeling thirsty.

if ur urine is pale then its because ur perfectly hydrated. Your body is absorbing what it can from the supply ur giving it, but the removal of water just happens. If there was something seriously wrong with the way you were balancing water (ie your kidneys), you would be producing little, if any urine. Water doesnt just run through u straight to the bladder, it HAS to be absorbed by the blood (unless ur suffering from severe diorhea as well)

Your stomach ache may well be caused by a simple pH imbalance from a slightly lax diet over the last couple of days, or even stress. Personally I'd say have some cereal or orange juice and head for bed. But seriously, you shouldn't be worried.

And dont associate nausia solely with dehydration, on its own it means nothing.

Oh, and you dont have AIDS. virtually guaranteed (your as likely to die from aids next week as me or anyone else here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    dehydration is when the body has too little water and so less is removed by the kidneys - urine volume reduces and its very dark. And obviously, u start feeling thirsty.

if ur urine is pale then its because ur perfectly hydrated. Your body is absorbing what it can from the supply ur giving it, but the removal of water just happens. If there was something seriously wrong with the way you were balancing water (ie your kidneys), you would be producing little, if any urine. Water doesnt just run through u straight to the bladder, it HAS to be absorbed by the blood (unless ur suffering from severe diorhea as well)

Your stomach ache may well be caused by a simple pH imbalance from a slightly lax diet over the last couple of days, or even stress. Personally I'd say have some cereal or orange juice and head for bed. But seriously, you shouldn't be worried.

And dont associate nausia solely with dehydration, on its own it means nothing.

Oh, and you dont have AIDS. virtually guaranteed (your as likely to die from aids next week as me or anyone else here)
    Thank you so much! That's the kind of answer I was looking for. I still don't really know whats wrong but I'll just wait it out for now. I think I'm going to drink some orange juice and hope everything is okay. Again, thank you for being reasonable! I'll rep you if I can figure out how to do it, never have before...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by batesie11)
    How have people given me advice? They've either said "drink water" or "stop drinking water"...and neither one of those answers is helping me...
    Look, dehydration - the clue's in the title. It means you don't have enough water in you. Whereas clear urine - that means you do have enough water in you. Now, given that clear urine is sitting there in your bladder as completely obvious evidence, and dehydration is something you've made up in your head, you're probably more likely to be able to believe your piss. So you're not dehydrated. In fact you're pretty fully hydrated. No, your insides have not turned to plastic, water is not just rushing through you - you cannot absorb any more water because you are saturated. You are hydrated.

Now, what are the actual symptoms of your problem? Then we'll give you our best guess as to what's wrong. Don't tell us you're dehydrated when the evidence is as clear as your piss (sorry :p:) that you're not.

ReputationRep:
    just summed up what people were trying to say really

rep works by clicking the scales on the top right of a post

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.