Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    Hey, i can't remember so does anyone know what happens with those ID cards we sent away for? We gave them a picture and stuff.
    I think the letter said we pick them up on the same day we get our keys. And yus, they did come with the accommodation forms ^^;

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I've filled in accommodation form but there was nout about ID, hmm, o well lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd1989)
    Hmmm, I've filled in accommodation form but there was nout about ID, hmm, o well lol.
    You sure? maybe they don't wanna waste time making you one in case you don't get in. You'll just have to post it away like the day you get it if you want it by the start of term.

Silence - did it say where we pick them up from? same place as the keys?

ReputationRep:
    Umm maybe, I forget :<

But I assume that if it's not the same place we'll find out when we get that

ReputationRep:
    Answer to loadsa your questions here http://www.abdn.ac.uk/newstudents/

ReputationRep:
    when should we complete the e-registration section? I know it says before we start but is that after we get AH results? I noticed their is a section for your results so should we just wait until we get them before completing the registration?

Note. Your student ID is the first 8 digits of your UCAS number. We were told about that on the accommodation forms I believe. Anyhow I was able to login using that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks nessy. I managed to balls mine up in the first 10 seconds . Clicked on Agree for personal details without entering any and now it wont let me change it lol

ReputationRep:
    Thanks nessy. I managed to balls mine up in the first 10 seconds . Clicked on Agree for personal details without entering any and now it wont let me change it lol
    Well done! lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose there's any way to fix that is there?
    Here's hoping it's really not that important

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing I can't do anything until I get an unconditional offer?

ReputationRep:
    Erm probably not. You can always try cause it's not like you need a code specific to Aberdeen to log in. You must feel left out here, not getting to do or know anything till you get your results

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah it sucks, I think it's unlikely that English school students get unconditional at Scottish unis, I have a friend she's pretty much expected to get As and she doesn't even have an unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah obviously you can't get an unconditional on what you're expected to get, it's based on what you've passed so far.
    For that reason i don't think english students get unconditionals anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah obviously you can't get an unconditional on what you're expected to get, it's based on what you've passed so far.
    For that reason i don't think english students get unconditionals anywhere.
    Lol, yeah of course they get unconditionals! Our predicted grades for A-Level are based on the exam results from the year before (the first year of A-Level)

ReputationRep:
    I had an unconditional offer and I did A Levels, but I did mine last year so I already had my results. I think it's very very rare that someone will get an unconditional offer before their exam results are out.

ReputationRep:
    You can't get unconditionals based on predicted results, i'm sorry to tell you.
    Silence got one cause she had passed the exams already but for people that haven't yet sat them the best you can hope for is an easy conditional. If you have terrible predicted grades you may not even get an offer. Unconditionals for people still in study are generally reserved for Scots cause we have a different education system.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I know plenty of people who have unconditional offers from English Schools going to English Unis - When people get AAAAA at As level, it's pretty much guaranteed they're not going to drop below a B grade the following year.

ReputationRep:
    OK, I'd like to know what's already in the kitchens at South/North Self Catering.

eg Plates etc.

ReputationRep:
    Mmn, did you meet your offer btw dd?

(Original post by Aberdeen Uni)
    Kitchen utensils, Cutlery and Crockery are NOT provided in flats
    That's from my accommodation stuff, hope it answers your question

ReputationRep:
    Mmn, did you meet your offer btw dd?

That's from my accommodation stuff, hope it answers your question
    Don't find out till the 16th (English School)

Lol that means I get to take mum and her purse shopping

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.