Turn on thread page Beta

16 year old - summer holiday. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -1984-)
    I'm thinking of joining my local gym, which isn't terribly exciting but it would get me fit and out of the house which can only be a good thing lol.

lol why dont you get a friend to go with you? im not a big fan of gyms myself, but i had to go everyday in summer because of my training and i realised its much more fun if you have friends there too

ReputationRep:
    right, going to london next week but until then i still have nothing to do and it looks like i'll still be lounging around at home! boo!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i've been thinking: is having your cousin as your best friend weird. i kinda feel like a loner because i only have 2 close friends.

ReputationRep:
    Na, being close to your cousin can be cool. They're family which already makes them ace and if they're your best mate too then it saves you money at christmas time
    What are you going to London for? Why don't you look up some stuff that's going on there next week so you'll have a good time

ReputationRep:
    I don't have loads of friends, probably due to my tendency to dislike a lot of people. But yeah, I find that money is the bigger problem during the holidays. I get really bored and I want to go out but I can never think of any reason to which won't cost a load of cash that I don't have.

I feel exactly the same way. At school I've got a good group of friends but am not really close with any of them. We all get along and have a great time at school, but when it comes to outside of school I'm not really close enough to any of them to do much other stuff. It just seems like they're all out haveing loads of fun at parties and all that, but I'm missing out. I've just finished GCSE's, and however sad it may sound, can't wait till Uni for a new start. Anyone else similar to me?

Having said that I play loads of sport, at least 3/4 games of cricket a week and have a good time with all my team mates at matches, so it's not all bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel exactly the same way. At school I've got a good group of friends but am not really close with any of them. We all get along and have a great time at school, but when it comes to outside of school I'm not really close enough to any of them to do much other stuff. It just seems like they're all out haveing loads of fun at parties and all that, but I'm missing out. I've just finished GCSE's, and however sad it may sound, can't wait till Uni for a new start. Anyone else similar to me?
    exactly the same, but i have very few friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But isn't uni 2 years away for you?
    Don't be miserable for all that time, make a bigger effort with your mates and have a good time now

ReputationRep:
    personally i have the exact same trouble as you, I live in the middle of nowhere with no public transport!

It does get very depressing and when family tension is high its never a good thing. You just feel so frustrated and isolated :mad::mad:

personally i would just get out of the house, try taking a train to somewhere you have never been before and wander around??? done it myself frequently :p:

sorry ive not been any help but i hope it works out 4 ya

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.