Mother's grief Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Thelfo)
Could you point out logistic problems to your mother, in a way that shows her it'd be better not to have a party
That sounds like a good idea; I might try that. The thing is, I think that maybe she's doing it partly to still have something to do so she probably has thought it through and convinced herself it'll all work. Ever since my sister died she hasn't had anything to do - she works but I don't think it's the same as my other sister and I are both over 18 whereas my little sister needed her, particularly when she was ill. I think that's partly why she's constantly doing all these public charity things.

I might speak to my mum about counselling but I don't think she'll go for it.
Cushti
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This is the first TSR thread that has ever made me cry . It's probably quite hard for us all to relate to your situation as (fortunately) it isn't a common one. But. I have a 7 year old sister who means everything to me, so in some ways I can empathise with you.

Perhaps some sort of compromise could be reached? Still have the party like your mum wants, but persuade her to just have it for the family, like what you want? However, I really think you should go to a doctor or speak to a school counselor about the situation, they are far more likely to be able to help.

I hope things go well for you and your family x
Llamaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well, if it is because your mum finds herself without anything to do, why doesn't she do some voluntary work in an orphanage, or a hospital, if she needs that contact with children. Or she could do some other charity work, raising money to save other children from the fate of your sister. That way she could use the memory of your sister in a less creepy and more productive way. Just have a little chat with her, and if she doesn't change her mind about the party, then go and stay with your aunt as you mentioned before.

Sorry for your loss. xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (131)
46.29%
Pro-humanity (152)
53.71%

Watched Threads