Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    There isn't even a paywall for the telegraph really anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then why do I have to subscribe and pay in order to read the article?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    The Telegraph paywall just operates using cookies, and they give you a certain number of free articles before you have to pay. Once you've used that up, just delete their cookies through your browser and you'll be able to read it again
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Either because you have to with a foreign IP, or because you don't know how to get around the 30 a month article limit (incognito mode or just clear cookies)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    The Telegraph paywall just operates using cookies, and they give you a certain number of free articles before you have to pay. Once you've used that up, just delete their cookies through your browser and you'll be able to read it again
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Either because you have to with a foreign IP, or because you don't know how to get around the 30 a month article limit (incognito mode or just clear cookies)
    Fair enough, it didn't occur to me it could be so easy so I didn't try.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Down with capitalism!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't see much value to this motion besides fuelling UKIP's dislike of refugees.

ReputationRep:
    These refugees aren't being that extreme, really. They want a job and don't want to rely on charity, is that really a reasoning which could send them back to Syria under this motion? Nay.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    These refugees aren't being that extreme, really. They want a job and don't want to rely on charity, is that really a reasoning which could send them back to Syria under this motion? Nay.
    Except that isn't what the motion is calling for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As stated, a horrible attitude but unlikely to be reptesentative and too far to the other extreme.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This motion is in cessation.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This motion has been withdrawn.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.