Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

boyfriend hardly compliments me.... :/ i feel so insecure Watch

ReputationRep:
    Definitely don't blame yourself!

If the lines are blurred it's very easy to get caught up in the moment and only think about it afterwards.

Forget about him and his exams, think about where you want this to go and take action!

If you think he's using you run away and never look back.. if it's the case that you two haven't really discussed anything properly or there's been poor communication then you can try to resolve that and move forward in whatever way you wish when you come to a mutual decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booyahkasha)
    sorry about the late reply!

I asked him about 5 months ago what exactly are we doing.. and whether we are friends with benefits. he replied saying we can be whatever you want us to be.... :/
    so i just said, i'm not looking for anything serious either. i'm so stupid.

he clearly doesn't want a relationship with me, and i'm not even sure i want one with him. i don't know why i keep letting him use me.
    recently every time we meet up we either book a hotel or go to his friends' apartment.
    earlier on in our 'relationship' we used to go cinema or go for a coffee/lunch, but recently it's all about booking hotels etc.
    i understand he's stressed out atm, he's got an exam coming up and he has a full time job, and he isn't exactly rich. so i don't mind not going out to fancy places, i like chilling with him, i just wish it wasn't always about sex.

it is all my fault though. i'm too easy.
    It's definitely not your fault. Sleeping with someone because you like them doesn't make you easy or a bad person. You need to sit down and think about what you want and then have a discussion with him. If you both want different things then you should end it.

You definitely are not stupid or easy! You sound like a lovely person and I have no doubt that you'll find a happy fulfilling relationship very soon. Until then, just focus on yourself and be kind to yourself!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    It's definitely not your fault. Sleeping with someone because you like them doesn't make you easy or a bad person. You need to sit down and think about what you want and then have a discussion with him. If you both want different things then you should end it.

You definitely are not stupid or easy! You sound like a lovely person and I have no doubt that you'll find a happy fulfilling relationship very soon. Until then, just focus on yourself and be kind to yourself!*
    awww thank you! yeah, i'm going to focus on myself for a bit.
    I really do hope I find someone who genuinely cares for me.

atm i'm kinda sick of guys. i know i shouldn't generalise but they all seem so shallow.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Well you know the answer to your problem. If you've never met his friends or introduced him to yours after a year, you are not going anywhere in this relationship. You are right he's just using you for sex and as long as you allow him to, it'll go on in the same old way. He thinks it's OK because you are mirroring his behaviour by not introducing him to your friends either.

It leaves him free to approach other women when he's with friends / relations, without apparently advertising the fact that he's got you. Is he perhaps engaged? or even married?

If this were a serious relationship you would be meeting his parents, going to family weddings etc. with him. All he is doing is stopping you from having a proper relationship with someone else. This could / will go on for ever, You will be wondering about whether he is serious about you in another year's time , or 5 years or 10 years. Do you actually know much about him at all? Do you know how he treats his grand parents? his sisters? his mother? All excellent pointers about how he'll behave towards you. Keeping this relationship separate from the rest of his life is a big Red Flag

Wake up and smell the coffee. He's very, very bad news. Leave immediately and don't have any communication with him ever again. He'll try and keep you hanging on - he'll say just enough to give you hope, to keep you willing to have sex with him. Then in 2, 3, 4, years time he;ll suddenly announce he's marrying someone else ( if he's not married already.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.