Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie Watch

Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Rupert Grint is attractive :ninja:

I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though they did miss out some parts that I wanted to see and they also changed one every important detail which I thought was unessesary.

There should have been more of Ron, and also, where the hell was the WEASLEY IS OUR KING thing? GRRR.

Daniel Radcliffe's acting was amazing, I was so shocked. Emma's was bloody awful.
K.T.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Clarence)

There should have been more of Ron, and also, where the hell was the WEASLEY IS OUR KING thing? GRRR.
*just* what I thought! He had like, 5 lines in the whole movie :confused:
Otherwise, probably the best movie yet - Grimwald Place, the Room of Requirement & the Ministry of Magic in particular looked amazing. Great acting by all (even though there wasn't enough of my favourite characters). I don't know how much you'd follow it if you hadn't read the book/ seen the other movies, but who cares about that? :rolleyes:
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I just fancy Ginny. Is it so wrong?

She's the perfect woman in the books...
quadruple_twist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was flabbergasted at the improvement in Daniel Radcliffe's acting - it was actually really, really good. Emma Watson's eyebrows move too much when she talks but otherwise no complaints.

I thought the film itself was very good, but I have a few little niggles:

1. They should have included Hermione putting a hex on the DA list to prevent betrayal, and Cho's friend should have been included - it'd've only added like 5 minutes to the running time.
2. No St Mungo's I was really looking forward to seeing inside the hospital!
3. Michael Gambon, whilst greatly improved from GoF, is still too aggressive to be Dumbledore. Dumbledore certainly wouldn't spit "Don't you all have studying to do?!" at his students.
4. I felt the exploration of the various rooms in the department of mysteries should have been longer - you don't really get a sense of the eerieness of the whole thing as the only room you see is the prophecy one (and the veil on which is nothing how I imagined it!!)
5. No Dobby. Don't see why they cut him out really, because it wouldn't have added to the run time much at all.

Was glad they included Fred and George's departure, Umbridge was good, was certainly more dark than the other films. All in all I'd put it second behind Prisoner of Azkaban (I really wish Alfonso Cuarón had stayed and directed all the remaining films).
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did they really cut out dobby entirely?

There was a screenshot of him released recently, I suppose his scene must have been deleted

EDIT: Oh never mind, I think I was thinking of Kreacher!
Warrior King
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just got back from the cinema. Thought the movie was great. Loved the actress who played Umbrigde, loved to hate her more like!

Cho Chang was hot and Emma Watson.....WOW WOW WEE WAH! She has grown into quite fox!

Great film. Best of the lot so far.

Can't wait for the book now, it's almost here!
rozzy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought it was good, I actually think I prefer the 4th one though! This one was definitely funnier though, had some cute little moments. Loved luna

Hated that Hagrid/Mcgonnagall and Snape barely had any part AT ALL in the film. It all seemed RUSHED, like they just slapped hagrid in any old place.

And I think a lot of non readers of the book would find it difficult in following this. I mean, was it just me or did they hardly EXPLAIN anything or why certain things were happening? It was almost as if they just assumed everyone has read the book when a lot of people have not and just watch the films.

Also did not like the harry/cho thing, didnt really develop the relationship in anyway, and didn't like the fact she was turned into the baddie!

Hate Ginny! lol! She's crap. Also, in the books, she's supposed to be some razen women, reeally beautiful, and no offence to the actress but she totally is not the Ginny you have in mind when you're reading the book!

Nice that they put hints of ginny/harry though, so it doesn't come out of nowhere in number 6 and you think...WTF...where did that come from???

Special effects was awesome!

Harry, best acting peformance yet I reckon. Ron was good, always providing the comedy and better interaction with hermione in this film, it all just seemed awkward between these two in the previous films with no chemistry at all, but this film theres some there Hermione, better than the last film, still OVER ACTING in a lot of the scenes though! Loved the gawp scene!
soulofanewmachine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mynameiscal)
I just fancy Ginny. Is it so wrong?

She's the perfect woman in the books...

:dito:

Only the book Ginny though. The film Ginny not so much
DIPESH.V
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I really didn't enjoy it. The movie didn't flow that well, it kept building up to something ... and then nothing.The finale was a joke. No character development and a sub standard plot, what a disappointment.
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hardly anybody likes Cho!

She's gorgeous, and the accent is the icing on the cake
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ah well i guess you cant please everyone and theyll always be people that will complain but i loved it..thats it really i just really enjoyed every bit of it..made me laugh so much at parts and then also the bit at the ministry that was very exciting and more serious was great also..def the best so far so for those of you that havent watched get to it
maxhk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not really nice in my opinion. My friend who did not read the book didnt understand it!~ and yeah, it seemed very rushed...

ANyway, I absolutely agree that acting of Umbridge and Luna was perfect in the movie..Harry has improved definitely..
pixiepeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Tbh, the whole thing felt really rushed and I was pretty disappointed by how much they cut out! The ending was just shocking - why didn't the fountain get involved?

Plus you'd think for a film with this level of media attention they would have tried harder with the CG! The broom scene over London at the start was a) pointless and b) really badly done! I wouldn't have minded if it had been amazing CG and they were showing it off, but it wasn't!!

Not enough of Tonks, Lupin, Sirius or more importantly, Snape.

And the Dept. of Mysteries was really badly under-emphasized. There is so much more to it!!

I think anyone who hadn't read the book wouldn't appreciate the missing bits as much as someone who would, and how important they are!! Like Lily not being all that visible in Snape's memory!! grrrrrrr!!

Anywho, the kids will love it :P
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I enjoyed it! There wasn´t enough of Snape, but the Occlumency was quite cool. They should have made more of what Harry saw his father do; it´s an interesting psychological moment in the book and Alan Rickman is probably the best actor in the films. There were times it seemed a little rushed - I´d rather have sat for an extra 30 mins and had the film linger on certain parts of the story. The foray into the Dept. of Mysteries was not built up enough. And the WORST bit was the lame 80s, Star Wars-style laser effects during the Death Eater battle. Gotta say though, Bellatrix was HOT... if a little unhinged

Overall pretty good!
MaryMoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Completely agree, anyone who hasn't read the books would end up having to whisper loudly in the cinema to someone "What the hell's going on?"! When Harry says to Snape "They've got Padfoot in the place where it's hidden", a guy next to me whispered "Who's Padfoot :confused: ?"

Movie felt awfully rushed, first half of the book was dealt with in about 10 mins. I was most looking forward to the aftermath of the MoM: the talk between Dumbledore and Harry. Being reduced to a couple of mins in the film made it feel incredibly corny.

But special effects were amazing and perfect casting for Bellatrix and Luna. Loving Lucius taking off his mask in the ministry, Voldy's possession of Harry and of course "Get your hands off my god-son".

On balance I'd say overall a thumbs up, actually prefer it to other films despite so much being cut out of it!
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I STILL haven't seen it, but from what you guys are saying, the book's been cut down a lot.

Is this always a bad thing? The book is said to be the least brilliant of the series because it's so long and unmemorable. Maybe the film condenses the vitals into a more memorable package?
LFC_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm going to see it this afternoon, I'm not a huge fan of the films (due to missing things out etc) but I always watch them. I'm excited
hollywollydoodle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought overall it was pretty good, a lot better then the 4th. Quite funny and quite a few things were done really well,

I loved the death eaters/order fight and whilst not being as long or as detailed in the book, the department of mysteries looked amazing! loved the dark walls with glowing plaster in btween the bricks. Umbridge was also done well. Grawp was good, tamer then in the books though. but the bell was sweet. Bellatrix was done well too.

However one bit properly bugged me (highlight cos i cant figure out how to do spoilers for people who havnt seen the film):mad:
SIRIUS DIED WRONG. there was avada kadavra (in the book it just says a beam of light hits him). It wasnt emotional at all, i was too annoyed to be sad. :mad: And I also felt dumbledore explaining to harry at the end was too short, he didnt hear all of the prophesy!!! No dobby, no rita skeeter, not enough ginny I thought and where was lupin????
mudblood
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by quadruple_twist)
3. Michael Gambon, whilst greatly improved from GoF, is still too aggressive to be Dumbledore. Dumbledore certainly wouldn't spit "Don't you all have studying to do?!" at his students.
I agree - he was far too moody.
Lou_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I liked it.. but it was bit too 'choppy'. The scenes kept on changing and it was hard to keep up. I know it had to be like that because there was soo much to fit in but still.
I liked the way they used newspaper cuttings to show the story.

What was with the music playing in the Common Room though?!!! The Ordinary Boys?!

And they wore muggle clothes A LOT!!

Who was that Nigel person? At first I thought it was one of the Creevey brothers but neither of them are called Nigel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.38%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (157)
40.57%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed