Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Offered cereal for breakfast, insulting! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Raw)
    Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning to only find a bowl and a spoon at the table with cheap lidl cornflakes. They didnt even have the decency to put kelloggs on the table. I see it as a declaration of war and an insult. Then when I ran into them they were acting normal like nothing happened???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How dare they! You should break up with her and let their daughter suffer for how their parents treated you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Cheap cornflakes come from the same factory but go in a different box.

Watch the blind tasting on Eat Well For Less on BBC, people can't tell the difference.
    it is true my family have worked in varied canning plants and it all the same stuff just labeled and priced differently

(Original post by T-Raw)
    Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning to only find a bowl and a spoon at the table with cheap lidl cornflakes. They didnt even have the decency to put kelloggs on the table. I see it as a declaration of war and an insult. Then when I ran into them they were acting normal like nothing happened???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not suitable prospective inlaws, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    They are keeping better breakfast for the right guy I guess you're only worth a cereal breakfast then :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Raw)
    Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning
    Thats your problem right there, you expect too much. Who do you think you are EXPECTING a full-English? You're dating their daughter meaning you should be the one kissing their ass, not the other way around. They don't need to do sh-t for you because they don't need to make you to like them.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I really don't get your issue at all.

I stayed at a relatives earlier this year. Because I was doing a marathon, I took some of my own breakfast. I was offered weetabix. That is fine and I know most people would offer cereal. When I housesat for my parents, I had cereal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Raw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha ha - you were lucky YOU were not the breakfast - all my son's girlfriends have ended up in a casserole

ReputationRep:
    If I was given a full English breakfast i would be worried about their health. Anyway, how ungrateful to be critical of their welcoming you into their home.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    If I was given a full English breakfast i would be worried about their health. Anyway, how ungrateful to be critical of their welcoming you into their home.
    What's wrong with a full English?:eek:

But OP, stop being a spoilt brat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i went to france for an exchange, expected french breakfast with fancy baguettes, cheese, chocolate, snails. got cocopops.
    Hahaaaaa I'd rather have cocopops than snails tho looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas Thugged)
    I went to a middle class person's household for a sleep over and those cheeky ****ers gave me supermarket brand cereal but put it in their own reusable box like wtf.
    Oooooh awkward
    All of my cereals are in special plastic cereal containers so you can't tell if it's supermarket brand or the real deal 😏😏😏
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Hahaaaaa I'd rather have cocopops than snails tho looool
    tbh i was expecting something exotic since i made it all this way to another country but i guess european countries arent that very different even the streets of paris looks similar to london
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by T-Raw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Insulting? No.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i was expecting something exotic since i made it all this way to another country but i guess european countries arent that very different even the streets of paris looks similar to london
    hahah yh I guess so ; most european cities are pretty similar yet the Mc Donald's always tastes a bit different. I went to america last year and went to this breakfast place and had pancakes with strawberries which was great but the portion was too big so I couldn't finish it -__-
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    hahah yh I guess so ; most european cities are pretty similar yet the Mc Donald's always tastes a bit different. I went to america last year and went to this breakfast place and had pancakes with strawberries which was great but the portion was too big so I couldn't finish it -__-
    they supersize everything there :s but that sounds so nice the pancake! :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    they supersize everything there :s but that sounds so nice the pancake! :hoppy:
    it was really nice but the pancakes were massive and there were 3 of them and then there was like 15 massive strawberries on top !

ReputationRep:
    I eat cereal for breakfast every day.

ReputationRep:
    You're lucky you got breakfast!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I eat cereal for breakfast every day.
    yh same ; what is your favourite cereal ? Mine is probably weetabix or cocopops
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Sigh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.