Turn on thread page Beta

what are the green strips besides the flag? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    60,000 points will see you flashing away. :rolleyes: :p:

It is indeed positive. ;yes; Though as Dalimyr says there are negative equivalents - if you go to the very last page of the Members List, you'll see at the bottom SilverWings has three black gems, the negative equivalent of yellows. She collects them.
    That is common consensus, yes. But actually, she's just a really crap member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    SilverWings is presumably going for - which does look rather cool, but it means sharing a members page with the TSR resident zoo.
    Yes she is, yes it is and yes it does...but it's a sacrifice she's willing to make

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    I think I slightly overdid it with the brackets in my first post
    There are a few things I neglected to mention, such as the black gem for disabled rep, red/black/rainbow gems for neg rep, the grey gem for 0 rep and so on...but most people are good users so should really be looking to get more green gems :p:

lol i never knew id get so much information about gems :P

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soar)
    lol i never knew id get so much information about gems :P

xxx
    gems is what makes this forum go round... :p:

As pointed out earlier, there's more stuff than you could possibly ever want to know about them in the FAQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    SilverWings is presumably going for - which does look rather cool, but it means sharing a members page with the TSR resident zoo.
    Just AAMOI does anyone know what SW gem level would be if she'd gone positive not negative? Would it be rainbowed by now I wonder, IIRC she has 4 yellows equiv so that would mean if doubled she'd have achieved the 60,000 rep already no?

You have to admire trying to get a rainbow the hard way, I don't care what anyone says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    Just AAMOI does anyone know what SW gem level would be if she'd gone positive not negative? Would it be rainbowed by now I wonder?

You have to admire trying to get a rainbow the hard way, I don't care what anyone says.
    by now? well she had nearly 10,000 before she started... now has in excess of -20,000 so at a guess, 50,000+?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah she has 3 so anywhere between 40 and just shy of 60, but as you say probably 50,000 is a good guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    well she had nearly 10,000 before she started... now has in excess of -20,000 so at a guess, 50,000+?
    You're a mathematician? I'd be worried :p:

Remember that neg reps are only half the power of pos, are rounded down, and there was a time during her "Make Green History" campaign when some people with pos rep power didn't have neg rep power (because back in the day it was possible to have pos rep power of +1)...so if she had 10,000 and lost 30,000, that's equivalent to having gained at least 60,000, on top of her initial 10,000...she'd have 70,000+. Granted, much of it (until she went red, at least) was given to her on behalf of the MGH campaign, but that's besides the point :p:

ReputationRep:
    The last negative gem is sooo pretty!!!
    Much nicer than the rainbow positive one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    I've never seen a multicoloured gem, has anyone on the board got one ?
    :eek: The sacred disco gem! ;banana2;

(Original post by Cage)
    That is so pride-like :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Did the second disco gem get added for 80k? I'm only a few hundred off it.

ReputationRep:
    gems is what makes this forum go round... :p:

As pointed out earlier, there's more stuff than you could possibly ever want to know about them in the FAQ.

I'll have to read it then! After all I'm bored anyway

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    You're a mathematician? I'd be worried :p:

Remember that neg reps are only half the power of pos, are rounded down, and there was a time during her "Make Green History" campaign when some people with pos rep power didn't have neg rep power (because back in the day it was possible to have pos rep power of +1)...so if she had 10,000 and lost 30,000, that's equivalent to having gained at least 60,000, on top of her initial 10,000...she'd have 70,000+. Granted, much of it (until she went red, at least) was given to her on behalf of the MGH campaign, but that's besides the point :p:
    No :hmmm: I'm not a mathematician :hmpf: I'm a physicist... *is insulted* :p:

and yes, good point. It was late, that's the only excuse I can vaguely make. Though as it happens, you've also got to factor in the fact that she wouldn't get repped as much if it was positive, but as it's negative it seems ok to people. The 2 effects may cancel out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    Did the second disco gem get added for 80k? I'm only a few hundred off it.
    You'll find out when you hit 80,000

Though as it happens, you've also got to factor in the fact that she wouldn't get repped as much if it was positive
    I did...as I said in the last sentence, a lot of her rep was given to her purely because of her campaign to get into the red, which she wouldn't have got away with if it were pos rep (as it'd be blatant rep whoring).

I'm a physicist...
    You should still have a good grasp of mathematics :p:

ReputationRep:
    disco disco

ReputationRep:
    Woh disco gems are sexy!

ReputationRep:
    Very nice...how long until 6 of them :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Very nice...how long until 6 of them :p:
    Two is the max at present

ReputationRep:
    The server would otherwise explode.

ReputationRep:
    You have to understand that the reputation system is hamster-powered, and multicoloured gems require genetically modified hamsters, of which there are a shortage, so it really wouldn't be possible to increase the gems without signing up more super-hamsters.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.