Turn on thread page Beta

"The Purge" scenario- what would you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    hide in a garden - nobody looks there
    Truuuuu. New reason to spend 12 hours in the greenhouse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    I watched The Purge: Election Year this afternoon. It was definitely my favourite Purge movie!

Going from that movie, I'd probably go around incapacitating purgers and steal their expensive guns or whatever nice stuff they're carrying!
    Pretty much all the purgers shown in the movie were deluded nutcases running around with no regard for their safety - they would be such easy targets!
    Haven't watched that yet, but I think I'll try to some time from the second movie (not sure if you'd remember) id like to be the guy saving people, not sure i have that capacity though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    shopping in Hatton garden with a holdall and a sledgehammer
    "Shopping" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Ah I see. Well props to them if it's their property and they're defending themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Ah I see. Well props to them if it's their property and they're defending themselves
    In this country you can be put in prison for murder for killing a thief. I hope the law will change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    "Shopping" :rofl:
    I'd sell most of it later on but I'd keep some clean stones and a few nice watches back

ReputationRep:
    In this country you can be put in prison for murder for killing a thief. I hope the law will change.
    Wow.. I think appropriate violence to thieves and trespassers should be lawful

ReputationRep:
    I'd sell most of it later on but I'd keep some clean stones and a few nice watches back
    So the Purge is like a huge reduction sale event for you save me a watch though

ReputationRep:
    But in the movie (and likely in a real life scenario) all the shops selling valuables lock their goods in safe vaults with lots of protection

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be the first one to die

Find people who don't want to kill and hide with them. Gather guns and practice shooting months before the purge and kill anybody who tries to kill me. Hide in some safehouse isolated from crazy people. I probably be loaded w/ weapons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    I'll probably be the first one to die

Find people who don't want to kill and hide with them. Gather guns and practice shooting months before the purge and kill anybody who tries to kill me. Hide in some safehouse isolated from crazy people. I probably be loaded w/ weapons.
    You seem to be pretty practical, so I don't think you'd die!

ReputationRep:
    I'd go on vacation to a country that didn't have The Purge. My place might burn down, which would suck, but I and my family would be alive.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a rifle so I would be happy to go on a murderspree.

Only people I hated or people who were killing though.

ReputationRep:
    I do love a good rooftop korean

ReputationRep:
    Be abroad.

ReputationRep:
    Lock myself in my house, don't let any damn guests stay the night and go to sleep. If I was caught outside when the purge started I would probably sneak into someone's back garden and hide in their bins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Find a secret safe place and arrange for everyone to get there before the purge??
    that would work nice if we had prior warning but I was assuming a sudden and unexpected scenario haha

ReputationRep:
    Throw water balloons at people as they walk past.

Thug life.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'd spend all night driving at 35mph on 30mph roads and doing u-turns at "no u-turns" signs :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Put the milk in the bowl BEFORE the cereal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.