Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with looking - your eyes are drawn to attractive things whether they're human or otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyrone95)
    safe. wagwaanin. na manz nt rong 2 luk, u aint duin **** rong. a mean if u cant evn look wt can u do.

safe, keep it real

tyr
    Hi, welcome to TSR. You're probably going to get warned for this post unless you change it, text speak is against the rules, please type in proper English

On topic, it's kind of impossible not to look - as others have said, just don't act on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunthulhu)
    Hi, welcome to TSR. You're probably going to get warned for this post unless you change it, text speak is against the rules, please type in proper English

On topic, it's kind of impossible not to look - as others have said, just don't act on it.
    One would like to apologise for not using the correct language by which we all have to communicate. My street language will stay on the streets, where it belongs and from now on I'll try my best to speak Her Royal Majesty The Queens English.

Have a good day

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyrone95)
    One would like to apologise for not using the correct language by which we all have to communicate. My street language will stay on the streets, where it belongs and from now on I'll try my best to speak Her Royal Majesty The Queens English.

Have a good day

Thank You
    Fantastic! Much better.

ReputationRep:
    Umm, people that are saying "it doesn't matter as long as he doesn't touch," you do realise, the only reason your boyfriend doesn't touch the girl he's looking at is because he can't? If there were a situation where you went on holiday and he was alone with that girl, I'd bet he'd do it if he could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsmann)
    Umm, people that are saying "it doesn't matter as long as he doesn't touch," you do realise, the only reason your boyfriend doesn't touch the girl he's looking at is because he can't? If there were a situation where you went on holiday and he was alone with that girl, I'd bet he'd do it if he could.
    Not necessarily. Be careful before you go insulting every member of the male gender.

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely no reason to feel guilty about looking when you're in a relationship, as long as you know you're not going to do anything more than look. You can't just turn off your own instinct to look at attractive women, so feeling guilty about it is fruitless. I would have thought only ever finding one woman attractive would be fairly unhealthy for you.

Frankly, if you see an attractive woman and try to tell yourself you shouldn't look, you're lying to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You don't even know her boyfriend. he might be really trustworthy for all you know. Just because he has a pair of *******s, you assume that he'll mount anyone he can as soon as any potential opportunity to do so arises. WTF!?

ReputationRep:
    Its alright to look and alright to touch but not to OOGLE and not to be all over them .

:tee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishfinger Sandwich)
    You don't even know her boyfriend. he might be really trustworthy for all you know. Just because he has a pair of *******s, you assume that he'll mount anyone he can as soon as any potential opportunity to do so arises. WTF!?
    I meant in a general sense, and obviously not everyone's gonna do it but I think it'd be a sizeable number of people. Would you do it if there was no way of your gf finding out? Just imagine yourself in the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's ok to look...

I always pay compliments to a friend who looks particularly good on a night out (and occasionally people I don't know very well after a few drinks), and never pay a thought as to whether I'm single or not.

There's a massive difference between finding someone attractive, and wanting anything more than a platonic relationship with them. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I meant in a general sense, and obviously not everyone's gonna do it but I think it'd be a sizeable number of people. Would you do it if there was no way of your gf finding out? Just imagine yourself in the situation.
    I'd like to think that if I had a propper, long term girlfriend, I wouldn't do it.
    If I was just messing around in a crappy pseudo-relationship, then perhaps I would-if there was no way of her ever finding out (meh, maybe even if she would ).
    I don't think that would be the case generally though. Sure a lot of guys play away, but I reckon the majority are trustworthy if they're in a long-term relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I was in this situation last night. Out at a pub with a friend, being hit on by a girl who was very attractive, and it went nowhere. We were invited back to her place for further drinking after the pub, but declined. Some people might spurn me for not taking the opportunity, but, y'know, I actually like my girlfriend. I wouldn't want to ruin our relationship, and even if she had no way of possibly finding out, I'd feel guilty as hell. I think you are being a tad too cynical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
    I was in this situation last night. Out at a pub with a friend, being hit on by a girl who was very attractive, and it went nowhere. We were invited back to her place for further drinking after the pub, but declined. Some people might spurn me for not taking the opportunity, but, y'know, I actually like my girlfriend. I wouldn't want to ruin our relationship, and even if she had no way of possibly finding out, I'd feel guilty as hell. I think you are being a tad too cynical.
    Ah, thankyou for helping to validate my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duckiciao)
    It doesnt matter where you get your appetite from, as long as you go home for your dinner.

'nuff said
    Ah lol love it! And completely agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    I don't think there's a man on earth who just ignores it when someone hot walks in.
    or women for that matter

and theres nothing wrong with looking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    or women for that matter

and theres nothing wrong with looking
    but surely if you're constantly looking, always got one eye open for the opposite sex... doesn't that indicate somewhat that perhaps you aren't 100% happy in your relationship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Garret)
    Is anyone in a relationship but feels guilty for just looking at other girls or guys?

I do all the time, and my gf knows, and says it's fine but I still feel guilty. Is it normal? When is too far?
    What the hell is wrong with u? grow up woman.

ReputationRep:
    I think the right word should be notice. You can't help noticing someone is attractive when they walk by, are in the room or whatever.

It doesn't mean you should keep staring though. "It's only natural" is not an excuse. It's rude, sleazy and disrespectful to your partner. I would be pissed off if my boyfriend said how hot some other woman looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_Izzy)
    but surely if you're constantly looking, always got one eye open for the opposite sex... doesn't that indicate somewhat that perhaps you aren't 100% happy in your relationship?
    no it indicates that you appreciate pysichal beauty. Im happy in my relationship i still looks.
    And i know she does as well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.